Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

Like is it even controversial to suspect that US intelligence agencies recruit or employ management consultants? Snowden “worked” for Booz Allen Hamilton when he was really working for NSA and CIA. I know they get more of their money from defense and government than McKinsey but McKinsey still has a ton of government contracts.

You’re just saying this because Pete’s gay

2 Likes

Just wait until you read my erotic Junior Management Consultant Pete CIA-recruitment fanfiction stories

1 Like

lolno, he’s just harassing you like always.

Pete’s unit worked directly with the CIA and that is backed up by his military records. That is the most damning piece of direct evidence even though we don’t know to what extent Pete was involved.

In the end it really doesn’t matter because Pete is a slimy ladder climber type who would say or do anything if it meant advancing Pete. He is exactly what is wrong with politics and EDems. You can exclude the conspiracy theories and still reach that conclusion quite easily.

3 Likes

Homophobic.

1 Like

Also, to whom it may concern, just, say you support the CIA if you support the CIA, rather than calling it a conspiracy theory or whatever else, as if you believe the CIA is not a force for good. Nobody buys that

Not sure if this is in reference to me but obviously I don’t think the CIA is a force for good?

Right. Pete was picked by SOMEONE to be part of the elite neoliberal political class. Who, when and how? Well shit I don’t know they don’t tell me that stuff.

1 Like

Is your name May

Guess I’m not sure what level you are on with those two posts. I assume the first was sarcasm but the second makes me wonder.

It’s not some clandestine process. There’s no kingmaker. You just decide you want to be it, and you’re it

1 Like

I guess I’m not sure I buy that completely. If someone from this board that was highly educated decided they wanted to go to be a CIA spook in some far off land that would be as easy as just deciding we wanted to and calling up the CIA?

But how specifically is that different from every other politico out there?

Well, none of us are going to pass the drug screening and polygraph, for starters.

1 Like

It isn’t really. I wouldn’t assign pure motives on life/career choices to many of the people in DC.

Just love having my life/professional experience completely ignored by people because the truth doesn’t fit a political narrative.

I wonder if this is how infectious disease experts felt during the pandemic when RW idiots insisted on shooting up horse medicine instead of listening to them.

Yeah, the intelligence community works together, but when you’re in the military and assigned to a financial anti-terrorism unit, you are literally looking at spreadsheets all day. When you’re assigned to an aerial recon unit, you’re looking at radar blob images or high-altitude camera shots all day.

My first job in the Air Force involved working very closely with other non-DOD 3-letter-acronym intelligence agencies, some but not all of which have been mentioned here. My security clearance was even granted by one of those agencies. I wasn’t even an intel officer!

As for the “he didn’t do ROTC” stuff…Pete volunteered for the reserves. When you volunteer to join, they ask you things like “do you have a degree, what’s it in, etc.” They give you tests. If you have multiple degrees, you aren’t getting assigned to an infantry unit as an E1. You’re going to Officer training. There are several types of officer training and intake. Active duty and reserves officer training and intake methods are different, as well.

Does the CIA do bad things? yes. Do they do good things? Also yes. Is the weird obsession y’all have with it overblown? Also yes. Honestly, if there’s an agency you should really have more of an issue with, it’s the NSA. You should probably wave at them now. :wave:

2 Likes

Right. Is it unusual for someone with no skill or experience to be direct commissioned into the naval reserves? Mayor Pete sure didn’t seem to have much experience that’s relevant to Naval Intelligence unless he had some financial terrorism experience at McKinsey. And if he did have some financial terrorism experience at McKinsey then the CIA Pete narrative is true.

But when he joined Navy he was a management consultant for two years. That was his only job experience at the time.

OK, sure, but we’re blithely assigning Pete a level of psychopathy that goes beyond the usual self-serving DC politico behavior. Like, the idea that he adopted kids just for political cover is an insane assumption to casually make about anyone in politics. Not sure I would really believe even Ted Cruz would do something like that.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anyone here say this though? I certainly don’t think that.

1 Like