Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

This is what happens when you let kids play video games like Rocket League.

12 Likes

I told my kid a couple weeks ago that you do have to be careful driving immediately after doing something like go-karting or playing video games where you drive recklessly. Your brain can still be in “Crazy Taxi” mode.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Nantanreikan/status/1689998361758507008?t=WiZRGDCB88dmgCUKq9yZ7Q&s=19

7 Likes

I want to know why the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

7 Likes

Lol, he’s definitely read Mein Kampf.

3 Likes

Oh you just assume Pearl Harbor was real because someone told you so? WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

2 Likes

Because we could.

2 Likes
1 Like

To be fair, we didn’t really learn the names of camps that weren’t Auschwitz and even then that’s an easy fact to forget after finishing high school history class. Americans weren’t at the camps or operating them so their names were kind of an aside for what was being taught.

As for the number of fatalities, again that’s more of a trivia question rather than essential knowledge. At a certain point the number of millions doesn’t matter. It’s a lot.

Now if this survey was done in Europe, it’d be far worse if people here didn’t know those things given that it occurred on their land.

I think the most disturbing element of the study is 11% thinking that Jews caused the Holocaust. Definite wtf there.

Yeah off the top of my head I can name Auschwitz and Dachau. Maybe could come up with another one if I thought about it. But six million Jews was drilled into my head at some point.

2 Likes

Those two plus Bergen-Belsen. And then I’m out. But frankly, knowing that there were some other dozen or so of death camps is far more important than knowing the names of any.

9 Likes

Why can’t he say “White men” instead of just “men”?

1 Like

3 Likes

Given that’s under entertainment, I’m led to believe that he survived and then took a sword and split himself in half in front of a crowd afterwards.

51987-Are-You-Not-Entertained-1a5I

5 Likes

From WSJ

:violin:

Sheila Smith was set to get a mortgage for about $750,000 to buy an investment property in Sedona, Ariz., earlier this year. The lender, a regional bank, offered a starting interest rate of about 5%, well below the going rate.

Then, the bank said it was no longer offering the deal. Smith balked at paying more and wound up buying a cheaper home she could afford in cash.

“It knocked me out of the higher price point,” she said.

3 Likes

2 Likes

What? Is this age-old phenomenon trending? Who was assigned this report, and are they sad they’re not doing journalism?

1 Like

I think what is trending is a desparate desire from the wealthy ruling class to get people to stop talking about how evil they are.

4 Likes