What will you do come November?

It is now settled that Joe Biden will be the Democratic nominee for President of the United States. According to this poll, the percent of Unstuck Politics users who have Biden as their first choice for the Democratic nominee is precisely 0%. Obviously Biden is not popular among Unstuck users, but certainly neither is Trump.

Perhaps the answer to this poll is obvious and this was a silly question to ask, but honestly I’m not certain what the results will be. I am really curious, so please only answer the poll if it is a serious vote.

• Vote for Biden
  • Vote for Trump
  • Vote for someone else
  • Not vote
  • Not sure yet
0 voters
1 Like

lol who’s voting for Trump?

1 Like

Half of Unstuckers don’t seem to understand harm reduction. Very disturbing poll results born out of privilege.

6 Likes

My vote doesn’t matter so I’m writing in Bernie. Imagining the douchebag old, statistically likely to be a Biden Stan, shaking their head while counting my vote is the most power the current system allows me. Some democracy.

What about the rest of the ballot?

I meant to click on Biden but the page jumped and I clicked on someone else.
LOL @ anyone not voting Biden at this point.

2 Likes

DC, I don’t get a Senator or real House Rep either. Some democracy… will vote for the most liberal options in local elections.

Our primaries haven’t occurred yet, so I’m not sure what I’ll be doing for down ballot races, but I’ll likely write in Bernie I guess. Maryland is not a swing state, and my local Baltimore elections will always be won by the Dem nominee who usually sucks.

So most likely third party/write ins all the way down this year.

May I re vote? Simplicitus’s arguments in the other thread changed my thinking.

2 Likes

The Billy Corgan gambit really makes you think.

2 Likes

Privilege or frustration? I mean, I’m going to hold my nose and vote for Biden. But if the Republican was just the standard moron like Mitt Romney or whatever, instead of the all time clown shoes baby king idiot it is, I would be abstaining this time.

1 Like

I’m voting Biden but definitely won’t be trying to persuade friends/family the way I would have if it was Bernie or Warren.

Click the show vote button and it’ll let you change your vote.

1 Like

I agree with this. And it really doesn’t matter since I’m in texas. It looks like the senate race is going to be cornyn vs the demE pick, and even if somehow biden wins texas, that demE pick will still lose. Then of course you have the pandemic and the fact that they’re going to try to get us to vote in person, so like, who the hell knows.

Well I’ve got to say, I gave Joe a look over like he asked, thought about it, did some squat thrusts, and decided to take his advice and vote for the other Biden.

I’d be torn if it was between Biden and Romney. I’d probably want to go Romney - he’s actually probably left of Biden on some issues (UBI during pandemic being a huge one) and not senile. But I’d be worried that the message the DNC would get from Dems voting Romney in a Romney win would be that they need to move farther right.

Hopefully by November I’ve moved to the Basque and am learning how to make cheese or morcilla or something.

Assuming I’m not dead of course.

2 Likes

Me too.

Make sure you get the right bit of Basque country, otherwise like me1 you might be facing a hauntingly similar choice between Macron and Le Pen in a few years.

1 If my French citizenship application goes though, but why wouldn’t it, I’m a catch.

4 Likes

You could only convince me to vote Romney if Dem control of both houses was guaranteed by substantial margins.

1 Like