What is the most obscure thing you do regularly?

Realizing that you accidentally have some obscure 1st appearance is part of my fun. Like Hulk 271 has an early Rocket Raccoon or imagine collecting Spiderman and finding out Punisher has suddenly made your book worth thousands, etc.

Naw. I love fanfic. It was one of my favorite things to discuss and study in academia. I may have even written my share of it :eyes:

I guess it’s the romance lover in me that gets into all of the alternate ships.

I’m unfamiliar with the fanships that destroyed Sherlock. What happened???

This is a pretty good summary:

1 Like

While falling asleep I listen to three guys talk about upcoming Kickstarters for board games. I don’t play board games and I think the hosts are pretty dumb. It’s the perfect mix of calm, barely interesting, and boring to doze off to.

6 Likes

I watch Ultimate. High-profile matches are broadcast on ESPN3 and have decent production quality. This is the 2017 US National Championship Women’s final: San Francisco Fury vs. Boston Brute Squad. (video queued to a perfectly executed offensive point by Boston that takes it to halftime.)

1 Like

I am the owner/sole admin of a web game where people can role play as Hitler and shoot liberals. It has about 300 people playing during peak times of the day.

Do I win?

3 Likes

I collect live covers of The Diva Dance from The Fifth Element.

I watch videos from vanlifers/nomads. Here are two of my favorites:

Foresty Forest is a Canadian guy who travels in a converted minivan. He goes around remote areas mostly in Canada, mostly by himself, and does a lot of hiking to peaks. Nothing with real technical mountain or rock climbing.

Cheaprvliving - there’s a lot that a lot of people won’t like about this guy and his videos, but he has been working to form community for people who are mostly not the young glamourous vanlifers on Instagram, but poor people who have found themselves with no alternative. He and his group are about mutual aid, and helping people to find their own communities. People who are inclined to be suspicious of anyone who looks like they are leading a movement will be suspicious, but this is all about helping people make their own connections and not indoctrinating followers.

4 Likes

Following the spot of sumo, probably.

2 Likes

When my girls were little and watched Anime/read Manga they would root for pairings of X+Y or X+Z or Y+Z like they were sports fans.

2 Likes

Since the advent of COVID, my huband has started tuning in to Instagram Live every day at 11 am PST for Christian James Hand’s show:

IG live has made it more accessible to more people, but he can’t really post them anywhere after the fact due to licensing issues. So if you don’t tune in, you miss it.

He breaks down songs into their individual tracks and analyzes them. It’s absolutely fascinating, and I might have to start listening, too.

1 Like

This sounds so good!!!

After leaving Sirius/XM Hand took the segment and expanded upon it as guest on the Mark In The Morning Show on KSWD 100.3 The Sound. He introduced the host and co‐hosts to Marvin Gaye’s “Heard It Through the Grapevine”, breaking it down to all of its individual tracks, not just the vocals.

It was with Hand’s dissection of Toto’s Rosanna that he received national attention from Guitar World magazine’s website. He was given his own one hour show on 100.3 The Sound titled “If You Like That” that appeared Sunday nights at 9:00pm. The concept was to introduce listeners to new music by coupling it with a similar sounding classic rock song from an established artist. An idea that hadn’t been heard before. Many listeners considered it the best hour of radio on the station.

I am also a fan of Dennis Ward, a platinum-awarded audio engineer who dissects all sorts of songs from my yoot.

I would collect live covers of the Sax Guy song from Lost Boys.

Do you dance? I had no idea. I feel like you just told me you secretly smuggle booze for an underground society of cat lovers.

2 Likes

Never too late to start! Have you heard any?

Maybe you could get Johnny to analyze the sax man dance?

Oo boy, I’ll send you something privately. I don’t know a lot of people who will appreciate this dance video, but since you are a choreography nerd, I am dying to hear what you think.

2 Likes

My mom loves these.

I oil my abs several times a day. Does that count as a start?

Before I got laid off I used to buy those board games on Kickstarter (honestly, I’ve backed a few since then, too), so maybe that’s my thing for this thread. I’ve backed 177 Kickstarters.

The good thing is the delay means I still get games in long after I stopped backing. I got 2 games in this week; gonna play one today.

When I am back to being gainfully employed I’ll probably go back to backing multiple a month.

5 Likes

Gonna need a ruling from the community choreography expert. Is this a valid first movement?