What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

I don’t think there’s any getting around that I naturally convey a tight, smart image. I like to talk and I don’t know how to play dumb when I talk. I assume that image is a given and try figure out how I can exploit it. I also need to consider how people change their play against a tight player who is getting unlucky when I am running bad

I really want to spend some extended time at the table with someone here to get an assessment on how I come across.

Well, the main thing I do at 1/2 PLO is trap people. That’s where most of my profit comes from. I was definitely playing too aggressive this trip.

You seem to think your playing style has some inherent quality. It doesn’t. You can simply learn to modify your style. Add a few points to your VPIP, up you bluffing frequency a little, balance your ranges better away from the top quartile. Nothing but you is stopping you from making these changes.

This is mtt thinking not cash game thinking. The majority of your profit should never come from trapping people if you are tight. You are not trapping people. You are just getting less value from fish who would call anyway.

What makes you think I don’t bluff or balance my ranges?

I don’t really play against fish who would call anyway.

You are playing low limit Holdem and PLO! Unless you have uniquely found the only tight games on earth of those you are.

2 Likes

They’re loose but they’re not stupid. People respect my raises and unwittingly adopt pot control lines against me, so I value-own myself if I mix in too many thin value-bets. The days of automatically betting three streets for value with TPTK in holdem are over.

There are two things you can criticize me for. I don’t table-select when I am in a tight game or move seats at all. And I sometimes talk out loud too much when facing a river bet and call out my opponent’s hand correctly.

…because you are playing sub-optimally!

I’m never going to be a give action to get action guy and I’m never going to act like a hustler. I’d like to think I come across as an honest gentleman at the table and perhaps they think I don’t bluff because of that, but I think that bluffing isn’t a lie.

Especially in 1/2 PLO you don’t need to do anything to “get” action. Right now online 6m $1/2 stars, which is 100x tougher than Live fr plo has 30% of ppl seeing a flop! That’s like double the NL rate! Live is 2x this.

If you go to Texas right now there are hundreds of people a day stacking off for $500 with top pair bad kicker at 1/2. Vegas isn’t like that bc only the tourists and pros have money.

2 Likes

I just had mine and I think I was told the 15 anniversary is crystal.

The good news is that in Vegas one is probably never more than a quarter mile from a Crystal/Krystal.

6 Likes

That’s why I don’t raise preflop.

You have to be levelling.

3 Likes

Last 1/2 PLO of the trip at Aria again and out $400 winner. Was a nice 4-day trip and ran very well throughout. Probably wouldn’t go out of my way again for those games, but they were decent enough.

Ate at Jean-Georges at Aria and rate that place way higher than Strip House (PH). The house steak sauce is great.

Had a salmon at Pantry in Mirage and it was excellent as well as samplings from other dishes. Liked it much more than the Aria offering in that category (Salt and Ivy).

Wanted to eat at Din Tai Fung, but couldn’t get in tonight.

After Dinner we got in line at Patisserie for a gelato and noticed Tyronn Lue right behind us. Dude is super chill and friendly. Said he lives in LV (plays craps) and hates the Midwest now. I asked if it gets old that so many people recognized him all the time, but he said it’s all right.

There was a super cute girl in the group in front of us (other 2 were fat) so Lue tried chatting them up, then offered to pay for their order, but they declined. Thought that was mildly amusing.

2 Likes

LOL

1 Like

Yeah those are literally the only two things stopping you from achieving poker perfection.

1 Like

That is not MTT thinking.

I was trying to find some good in the idea. :grin:

Y’all are thinking someone else’s motivation should be the same as yours. It’s almost to the point of poker kink shaming to put it in a familiar analogy.

He is aware of his style and that other styles are options but doesn’t want to change.

1 Like