What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

i think it would be better if they had like lots of 5k-10k and not just a silly 150k going to two people. It’s adding variance which is good for recs but not in a completely stupid way.

I might come out some for WSOP. I’ll let you know.

Yea that’s a good point more bounties of 5-10k would probably be a lot better. Gets more money back into the player pool as well.

I checked out the Resorts World poker room last night. Made $30 over 3 hrs at 1/3. The tables are new but kinda odd. The shape seems wierd. Dealers mentioned 1/8 seats are harder to deal to. Room is about 8 minute walk through mostly open air from the garage. All told it was about 20 minutes from my couch to room, an important metric for me. I think I may Valet next time since room is straight from entrance. There may have been 10/30 tables full while I was there on a Monday. Heard comp is only 1/hr. The food court is full of asian food and theres little shops all over with various cold takeout items.

Planet Hollywood poker room closing

I always liked PH for some donk play

Planet Hollywood always had some splashy deep 2/5 during the series, and from some seats you could see the dancing girls in the pleasure pit. I get that it’s a scale thing. It’s not economical to have a room that struggles to get more than 1 or 2 tables going on the regular. You are already seeing rooms closing mon-wed (ph was one of them) and maybe that is a precursor to a full closure.

The good news is Aria, Wynn, Bellagio, Caesars, Venetian, and possibly now Resorts World all seem healthy and as invested in poker as ever. Hopefully a good WSOP showing will inject some life into the Vegas poker economy.

I was led to believe that the problem with some of these rooms is an inability to find dealers. I want to say that when I was in Vegas, it looked like PH had lists on Bravo with double digits waiting for a table on the days it was open. Certainly, Aria and MGM Grand had no problems filling up all their available tables.

Maybe. MGM is another room that is partially closed now. I did think it was sort of neat having the poker room in the middle of the floor. It created a different vibe.

I want to go here:

https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1410069349684060162

1 Like

Why?

Any room that goes to limited hours is just delaying closing. I don’t remember any room that didn’t close shortly after doing that.

Still watching in amazement at this place tbh so don’t know when the official opening ceremony is at.

But a few famous people walking about :joy:

I am contemplating a trip to LA at the end of the month and a few more days in Vegas on the way.

1 Like

Anyone ever stayed/lived in a strip highrise apartment/condo? If so, any suggestions on best places to stay in the 2-3K/mo range?

A friend of mine is in with like 30 players left. It sounds pretty awesome according to his description. You get a bounty slip after you knock some one out and then you go whenever you want to the cashout desk and they raffle you a prize out of the remaining bounties. then the director announces to everyone what bounty was given and everyone cheers (if it’s the min $500) or boo (if it’s anything higher). With ~30 left the big 100k bounty is still live, so every knockout is massive now in $ev

5 Likes

I was in Vegas last week and hit a royal on video poker for the first time ever. /brag

9 Likes

lol he just won a huge flip for a another ko (and chiplead) and has to decide if he wants to draw his bounty or wait some more. there must be a gto approach to this but i’m very stupid

eta - he got 500 the very next bounty was the 100k

Also Best Friend is awesome and everyone should go. For old school Italian, Piero’s off strip is incredible. Tacos el Gordo is great for a casual meal. Spicy eggplant at Bang Bar will change your life.

2 Likes