What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

That sucks. Had a $55-60 ribeye at a local Flemings that’s was fucking outstanding (kids get us a gift card every year). I’ve been disappointed at Ruth’s Chris twice.

Carne Vino(?) at the Venetian back in 2010 was phenomenal. Some Tomahawk or such (meant for 2 people). They wrapped the bone in Saran Wrap for me and I went caveman on it back in the room.

Palm in LA might be the best ribeye I’ve ever had - just FYI if anyone’s in LA looking for a steak.

https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1409565908062855177

4 Likes

Looks like we’re on track. Seems like about 10 people went to Vegas and one had a threesome.

UP’ers are purely average!

3 Likes

Meh, most of those are just two men using a BOGO coupon at the brothel.

2 Likes

still counts

5 Likes

In what universe does having a threesome not count as having a threesome?

1 Like

When the taxi driver is in the front seat :unamused:

6 Likes

I’m unhappy about the state of the forum, so I’m going to say this. I expect to be in Las Vegas during the WSOP at some point in October/November and I will commit to trying to meet up with anyone from here who is in town at the same time.

We can dick around in a small game or go out to eat. No threesomes, though.

6 Likes

I’m down, but just letting you know that RL meetups I’ve had with people from this community typically end up very drunk and wild.

1 Like

I somehow play even nittier when I’m drunk.

3 Likes

I may be going for a week just because my brother plays in an event every year. I like to come down and rail him/ play some cash games or low stakes tourneys.

I was going to tag along with a couple buddies in Oct or Nov. One of them always gets comped rooms at MGM properties that we stay in I wonder if he knows WSOP is going on then. Might be harder to get a room? Never been in Vegas during WSOP

I don’t think the WSOP has a noticeable effect on room availability.

EDC 2021 is October 22-24. The Raiders have home games on October 10 (Bears) and 24 (Eagles) and November 14 (Chiefs [hi @suzzer99]) and 21 (Bengals [hi @skydiver8]).

Those might affect room availability more than the WSOP.

Yeah EDC is a massive draw, like 300K people attend, and it might even be amped up this year post-COVID. But even then I have ended up in Vegas a few times during EDC, and while it’s impact on the town is very noticeable (it attracts a lot of younger women dressed for a festival, very nice!) I still did not notice any surprising room rates.

lol what?

I can also confirm alcohol can nit me up. Live poker is boring as hell when card dead. After 2 hours of nothing playable, 98o in MP starts to look like AK. Being drunk makes it easier to overcome the boredom.

Wynn has a tourney this week called Mystery Bounty. It’s $1600 buy-in, $1000 cause to the prize pool, $500 to a bounty pool. 1.5M guaranteed. On day 1 you get $100 for each knockout (and I think you get an extra $100 if you make day 2, but not sure). Then on day 2 each bounty you get is a raffle with one prize of 100k, one of 50k etc.

Not sure I like the extreme prizes but i think this will be pretty popular format if they iron out the details. Some serious gambool there.

1 Like

This seems like it could be a lot of fun especially if some of the bigger bounty prizes are still left when it gets down to one or two tables.

1 Like