What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

It’s not specific to this hand, but the mentality of being afraid to be shown a bluff is central to how a lot of calling stations think. If you play well, opponents will sometimes bluff you successfully. You can’t win every pot and you can’t catch every bluff.

2 Likes

But getting bluffed off a hand hurts my soul.

1 Like

If you put an opponent on a flopped set, do you ever bluff this turn?

Overestimating our ability to narrow down a range is at times a bigger and more common leak than being a calling station

1 Like

Having a soul is a leak in poker.

3 Likes

Booked the Flamingo until Tuesday. This is my drop dead must leave date, so my Vegas trip comes to an end.

This is everything I expect from a Riverman Vegas trip report!

I folded and it was set over set over set, would have won a $5k pot.

11 Likes

I posted too soon

2 Likes

Has anyone pointed out that checking the turn might be where the hand went wrong?

1 Like

I mean almost everyone here are recreational poker players at this point and this is a TR and all, so not meaning to insult you or anything, but folding there is insanely bad.

Playing solid poker doesn’t involve relying on crazy specific hand reading.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I play twice a year. It’s fine.

2 Likes

Sorry riv, had too :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

That is even rarer than one of them flipping over a straight.

Welp

5 Likes

Even Riverman folding here hurts my soul. I want to scream at him across the miles and back in time: “NOOOOOOOO!!!”

Baby Jesus weeps

1 Like

It’s truly fine, I’ve already mostly forgotten about it. Was obviously wrong but whatever. I thought the turn raiser would have gone for a 3! on the flop with a set. Also he called the 230 completely without thought, like most people do with good draws.

2 Likes

I would never fold there, which is one of many reasons I don’t play nl cash

More food and butts, less poker

Baby Jesus is 100% results-oriented.