What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

How did Hendon Mob incentivize them to do it? That seems non-trivial. Now I guess the site is well known enough that I can see why tournaments would want to report. But starting up must have taken some effort.

The incentive is free advertising. Players like looking at their results and showing other people. My guess is they started with major poker series and players pressured tournament organizers to submit results.

5 Likes

Not trying to start a tipping conversation but…

Dat age-old scam of putting a “Gratuity” line on the bill even though there’s a 15% “Auto Grat” already included.

I’ve left more than auto gratuity especially if it’s 15% lol so it’s not a scam for me and servers always let me know when the gratuity is added

the $25 fruit platter seems surprisingly reasonably priced.

310 dollars for water

For that price I’d prolly stick to 400 shrimp skewers.

Have you guys never seen a bill from a Vegas club before?

4 Likes

Having a picture on the bathroom wall that looks like an explosion of black mold doesn’t seem like the best idea for a hotel.

8 Likes

I think its a puzzle “find the person in the mold”. Get it right and you win a free donut.

I’m here too now. South Point is jammin compared to the South Point I saw two years ago. Couldn’t get a pai gow seat in the early evening, and the business was generally pretty brisk. My tradition dating back to the 90’s is to start with a $20 buyin session of $1 video poker. Actually, I usually start with a win, but not this time. I eventually got to a pai gow table (everything is face up here now) and burned another $60, but then food beckoned and I was done for the night.

Even the poker room was busy…so although I hadn’t planned on playing any poker, I may have to change that plan.

2 Likes

I wasn’t in the mood to play poker after watching the NBA playoffs, so I wandered around outside. NYNY seems way too far for a stroll in the Vegas heat and I was irritated by the smell of weed everywhere. It makes my skin itch.

Returning to Planet Hollywood, I found one of my favorite slot machines that I haven’t seen in ages.

I ended up $21, which I took next door for a midnight dinner at:

I got the original roast beef sandwich and took it to my room. I know some people rave about the place, but I was indifferent. It was, at least, a meal under $10.

I’m not feeling it on this trip so far.

Mask update: the people masking up mostly fall into two general categories: POC and families with children. It’s weird seeing adults go maskless while their kids wear masks, but they are clearly complying with the honor system about masks. The groups of mixed maskless and unmasked are interesting. I don’t know if they are mixed vaxxed and unvaxxed or if people are together despite differences in opinion.

3 Likes

Always wild to me to imagine how these prices get set. Obviously there’s only a small population of people sad enough to cough up 75 bones for some chicken nuggets at the pool, but if you are one of those people, surely you would pay 80 bucks as well. Why would Wynn leave 5 dollars on the table like that? Do they just jack up the price 10% a month until nobody shows up?

1 Like

Mold doesn’t grow in the desert.
Lived in LV for 20+ years, and if anyone was going to have mold, I’m it.

I think when you reserve a cabana or whatever there is a food and beverage minimum. Probably like $2k or something at the Wynn. Your crew has 10 guys so you delude yourself into thinking “hey it’s only $200 per person, we would spend that much anyway!” The food is probably ordered at the beginning (to get to the minimum) or at the end (when people are hammered). I would imagine the waitresses are very very very good at selling more alcohol beyond the original order, which is clearly how things get completely off the rails.

Probably set by 10% food cost

It’s this. I was the credit card guy for a bachelor party pool/cabana outing pre-pandemic and we blew through our minimum. Low-alcohol “margarita” buckets.

Then, when it came time to tip, the waitress basically told me to include an extra $x tip for the runner that had been bringing us stuff. I had to write it on the bill like “$X for Johnny” or something. I couldn’t tell if I was screwing him out of a percentage of the tip the waitress was getting or if earmarking it for him was actually in his favor. Definitely felt like she was using me.

1 Like

Yup. It’s her job to tip out her runners.

@NotBruceZ we need an update!!!

1 Like