What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

I considered and dismissed Montreal for that reason. Also everything is a bit more spread out than the strip or the French Quarter. He seems to want everything close.

I’d personally pick Montreal in the summer over NO, though. New Orleans has more/better restaurants, imo, but Montreal has enough great ones to get you through a week.

1 Like

Craps: pass line with odds in the 3-4-5 ratio but reduced as I’m a variance nit. Eg: for 25 I’ll do 30/40/50 instead of 75/100/125 allowed max.
Place 6/8. If point is 6/8 then one additional come bet.
If I’m feeling it (up $$ and drunk) bet some 2-wag hard ways for the min ($5 on a 25 table).

this guy fucks

1 Like

Being “workationing” in Vegas this week, stayed at the vdara before shifting to the Wynn for the long weekend. Played $2-5 and $5-10 at the aria mid week. Games not enjoyable in the general touristy sense being reg heavy. That said there were always 1 or 2 really loose passive middle aged guys who provided you with a steady supply of sklansky $ as well as bad beats.
Also played $30-60 stud/stud8 at the encore last night and the game was lol bad (and fun)

1 Like

New Orleans is a good pick, you should definitely make a trip there if you’ve never been

2 Likes

The most common game played with my uncles growing up was 7stud hi/lo bet-declare-bet. You could declare both but you had to win both. So much fun.

2 Likes

Stud is still my favorite game , the only reason I’m not donating enough in mid level mix games is because they put in 10 draw and baduecy variants and don’t even want to play razz :unamused:

Can someone ELI5 this?

I hate playing anything -EV, but when I’m with friends I kind of get roped in and I’ll participate for the general camaraderie. In the case of craps, all I do is just play pass line and then max the odds behind. I don’t know what any of the other bets even mean. Normally I’ll figure it out by the end of a session, only to forget it shortly after.

So you can only make this bet after the point is established?

On the old forum I posted my craps strategy at the time and it turned into a pretty good thread for info. I had all sorts of strategies. I would make different size bets and constantly be mixing it up hoping for a dealer mistake that paid me out more. I gave up on that pretty quick. What I ended up doing was pass line max odds, then come bet with max odds, and continue to come bet every roll with max odds until it hit or 7 was rolled. I had some awesome runs I also went broke very fast a lot of the time. My strategy when I play now is pass line and max odds behind then I’ll put one come bet with max odds. I’ll throw some min bets on the hard ways for myself and the crew if I’m up.

I’ve never played in a declare game, and have always wondered. What happens when no one wins what they declare?

Someone has to win. If you’re the only one to go high or low, you win half automatically. If someone goes both and doesn’t win both, the best high and the low win. If everyone goes high or low, the best hand scoops.

A ton of times I would think I had a good low hand, but then get a sense everyone else is going low, and go high just to try to snake half the pot. If it’s down to you and 2 other players, it might often be worth it to try to do this.

1 Like

What if it’s heads up and both people go both but they split the hi and lo? Split pot?

Yeah I guess so. Can’t say that ever happened. If everyone goes both then it’s just basically a non-declare game.

Yup. Atlantis im the Bahamas isnt the best but sounds right up your alley, Surf. Plus no jetlag

I did this at Jokers Wild in Henderson my last trip. They had $1 tables with 10x odds. It was pretty fun without risking a giant chunk of my bankroll.

Sklansky says that is the most skillful form of poker.

Archie is fucking stupid. Dramaha interests me, though.

Has anyone stayed at the Golden Gate since they remodeled?

If you go there just make sure you grab the right bag from the airport. Wife and I made it out to Paradise Island, checked into the room, and then she realized she grabbed the wrong bag off the belt. Had to cab it back to the airport then search through 100s of bags in the lost/found. Turns out her bag was sent to New Orleans, not Nassau anyway.

Travels with Mrs Cooler are always an adventure, like the time she bypassed immigration, sneaking into Ireland or the time she flew to the wrong city on the wrong plane.

4 Likes