What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

I agree with all of that.

The Aria PLO is laughably soft. Especially if you’re a PLO pro; you should clean up at the 1/3 or 5/5.

1 Like

One of my favorite times in Vegas was playing a 4/8 Mixed game at Aria with a bunch of drunks who didn’t know any game aside from hold em. I won 22/24 hands of Stud/Stud8/Razz including all 8 of razz raising almost every street. I was on a heater too, but these guys thought their low pairs in stud were good and I wasn’t missing that day.

Basically paid for my whole trip in about an hour.

1 Like

This is why I’ve got a -372 hourly at Aria PLO in a small sample size.

Well, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 1/3 PLO game I would categorize as anything but soft in my life.

Last time I played the 2/5 there I got stacked first hand top set v bare fd, then flopped a boat on like 885 or something after 3b/calling with 5678 dbl and turned quads to win like a 2k pot.

1 Like

I’ve been in a PLO game so tight that it was folded to the blinds two hands in a row. I’ve been in PLO games where I should have moved over to a hold em game because the PLO was bad.

The one time I played at Aria, the table was half OMCs playing in the early afternoon. I did not enjoy the table. What should be your calling range when an OMC limp-3bets UTG and everyone else folds except for a solid backpack kid with earbuds and you’re closing the action in the blinds?

I mean, omc in plo are so bad at bet sizing/playing without the nuts post flop I’d be super wide and be bluffing basically any dynamic board.

You would think in 2021 people would know not to wear a backpack and earbuds. They’re not poker pros because of their social awareness, I guess.

I look like a mega-tourist when I play, to the point the more aware pros start kissing my ass the second I sit down.

7 Likes

Here’s the thing: those pros suck! Most have a $20-25 hourly at 2/5 and would struggle at micro stakes online. Poker appeals to them because they’re lazy, but they have a low fucking ceiling on their earnings because of their laziness.

When I played at Aria, two earbud pros were playing some kind of bridge game on their phones during hands. Great poker atmosphere guys.

Do you mean a card game where you get 13 cards like in bridge, so maybe Chinese poker, or some game involving bridges?

Last time I was at Aria, two guys were having an argument about the relative importance of blockers in a hand they played against each other for like 30+ minutes. Meanwhile two other guys were watching movies on their ipads. Terrible.

1 Like

I would rather play 6:5 blackjack than deal with that.

4 Likes

These backpack pros that are completely unaware of where their profit comes from are so insufferable. It’s really not hard to entertain the recreational players and keep them feeling good about themselves. Fish hits a two outter on me after making a terrible call? “Nice hand!”. Fish loses after making a bad call vs me? “Ah I just got lucky, you played that well.” Etc etc. Instead these idiots analyze every hand as if they are gto computer bots and chastise the rec players for everything they do wrong. Aria is full of these idiots. Bellagio has it’s fair share. Wynn you have to game select but can find some great games.

1 Like

Lol no they don’t. If they played every hand well or go they wouldn’t be grinding a bad 2/5 game in Vegas.

These people are like that because they’re 5 bad sessions from moving in with their parents.

2 Likes

It’s probably a dick move, but I love to needle these players when I’m at a fun table that they are ruining. Nothing super malicious, but just subtle jabs every once in awhile. They ruin poker and I don’t really care if they get upset and leave.

7 Likes

Oh absolutely. Needling the grinders is the way to go. Celebrate with the recreational player when they suck out on the reg and be their friend when the reg is berating them for poor play.

1 Like

Maybe read my post again? I’m not saying these idiots are good. I’m saying they ruin games *acting like they are GTO bots that are so superior to everyone else. I agree with you that they suck. Both at poker and for the game.

While I’m probably a small winner, I look like a fish and play for the same reasons as fish, so I share their psychology.

I care zero if I’m the worst player at the table, does not bother me at all if it’s a fun game. If it’s a bunch of backpack pros I’ll just leave after like 30 mins and do something else.

After thinking about Mirage vs Flamingo, I decided to save money by booking a weekend stay at the Gold Coast. I would bet on some Ping Pang Pong.

Thinking about booking a few days before that at either Planet Hollywood or Park MGM with plans to hit the 4/8 mix and PLO at the Aria, maybe the Big O that I’ve seen running sometimes on Bravo, but you guys are reminding me of why I didn’t enjoy my one time there.

I’ll be rolling in after Memorial Day and I expect to do what is becoming my traditional warmup session at the Orleans.