What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

I’m going this weekend with a mixed group including my 75yo MIL. Challenge most definitely not accepted

1 Like

Geriatric trip report!

Threesome with MIL’s bingo club members TR required.

Lots of people have mother-daughter fantasies.

Man I’m late to the party. Pretty dangerous posting considering the thread title.

I plan on playing tournaments at the Wynn and Venetian, but I can’t guarantee enough play at the Venetian to take advantage of their great poker rate. However, I’d like to stay within walking distance in case I play multi-day tournaments at one of those.

I like to bounce around and I’m looking at Mirage vs Flamingo for a certain stretch of my trip. I can actually get a nice deal at Mirage, but Flamingo is cheaper and I wonder if it makes sense to stay there in the hopes of getting better comps for WSOP time. Flamingo is also a place for drunk poker if I want to unwind at small stakes. I am thinking about this in terms of relative value, where I would determine the price difference which makes me indifferent between the two options, then figure out the best price for each. I have a car and plan on some off-strip dining, so proximity to restaurants isn’t as important.

I’m also looking at spending time downtown and the south end of the strip, but there’s flexibility and I’m trying to lock down the certain part of my trip first.

Explain please?

Fyp

The room is one of the places where I feel comfortable donking around while drinking. (But I play tighter when drunk.) Golden Nugget is the best for that, but Flamingo tends to have a younger, more lively crowd, more ambient noise to distract me, and there’s a midnight tournament I can screw around in if I feel like it. It’s the best mid-strip location for non-serious play.

2 Likes

When I was in Vegas a few years ago, I had the most fun when playing at Planet Hollywood, due to the more casual party atmosphere, the centralized location of the poker tables, the women who danced on platforms around the room, and the good quality of the free booze (e.g. Maker’s Mark).

1 Like

25a

You’re not wrong, it was a much more enjoyable, less stuffy poker experience than you would get at places like Wynn/Bellagio/Aria

I recently did a staycation at the flamingo. Stayed in one of their go rooms. Decent room. Its a good loc. I would stay again. But I am the type who used to love staying at the IP for a couple of weeks every June. I have low standards. At the time the flamingo poker room had limited hours. Not sure if that is still the case.

If anyone is thinking about being in Vegas on the 4th of July…

https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1397654460940226562

Hmm. I was going to buy tickets to Sublime with Rome… But this sounds like its in my back yard basically.

All of the rooms not known for poker are tons of fun in the right atmosphere. Uncapped no limit is the best as well. Planet Hollywood and MGM 2/5 or golden nugget 1/2 are some of my best Vegas times.

Aria, Bellagio and venetian often are stocked with local tight regs. Booooo. Although I did find a 7am aria 1/3 game once with a bunch of jet lagged Scandinavians when the action got to them it went $6 straddle $15 then $30 blind raise. Some local pro kept bitching about English only and I wanted to punch him in the dick.

2 Likes

Thanks for the poker room tips. I plan on playing a decent amount of 2/5 seriously, but also want to be able to drunkenly play 1/2 with my buddies. We’ll for sure check out PH.

1 Like

I always play at Wynn because I’m a sucker for how much nicer it is than every other room, and because I stay there, but the games are probably the worst in the U.S.

3 Likes

I wonder how good the games are at the Sahara. I’d like to check out the low stakes mixed games either there or Aria. It’s disappointing that PH is closed Monday through Wednesday.

My theory is that the deeper 2/5 games are the worst in Vegas.

Venetian cash games are bad, tourneys are good. Friend is deep in one rn.

Bellagio regs are most annoying ppl on earth but whales love playing there.

Wynn is more reg infested because of the $1500 2/5 cap so ppl can dick wave

3 Likes