What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

Yeah, it kinda sucks that our hobby is nearly completely devoid of women. I would love to have a 50% female table but outside of a womens only tourney ive literally never seen it.

I still play poker all the time and i agree it isn’t a woman friendly space which sucks.

Yeah, I dont play as much as I want, and it being sausagemania is one of the reasons why. Tables are infinitely more pleasant when a woman is at the table.

Now imagine chess tournaments.

I just had a 50% female tournament table playing stud last night.

1 Like

You can see a woman’s hair behind the guy on the right.

I mean my hair is longer than that but even if I concede you are correct that is what 5%? Women could have very well enjoyed playing poker and become a major part of poker which is a fun game of wits, intelligence and instinct(things I would guess have very little difference between the sexes in competence) and instead they were mostly disenfranchised. I’m not sure that is really debateable.

I agree. I would say the rise of no limit holdem over other games and the marketing of it as a vehicle to express toxic masculinity created a gender imbalance.

Possibly hot take. But if poker wasn’t so toxic to women and it was just as welcoming as something like bingo, do we thing the male predominance would vanish? I don’t think that’s a lock.

I apparently just played poker with this guy

Don’t remember this guy at all. He should have opened a donut store.

Definitely remember his Islanders days. He was part of the playoff teams of the early 2000s, including that very intense first round series vs. Toronto on year. Solid player.

Where I grew up the old ladies at the bingo hall were anything but welcoming.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t, don’t women tend to be smarter and less tilty than men in general?

I wasn’t talking about proficiency, I was just talking about numbers of players. Do you think we would see a 50-50 split?

Never heard of him either, but 659GP, 128G and 141A ain’t bad.

I’m a single 56 year old man, what the hell do I know about women?

1 Like

The player who recognized him raved about his book The Comeback about dealing with five concussions.

1 Like

Huh?