What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

Dinner for 2 on our first night in Vegas options; we need to be done and at Caesars by 6:45 for Absinthe. Any opinions?

Beauty & Essex
Scarpetta
Zuma
Spago
Other?

Nothing at Caesars really stood out to me so I wanted to stick with something either at Cosmo or on the walk to Caesars for the show.

Spago was good the last time I went there. That was like 30 years ago.

The Korean Mexican fusion joint at Cosmo is good. I’d go there again.

1 Like

China Poblano?

Yeah, that’s the place.

It feels almost certain at this point that I will be in Las Vegas some time after Memorial Day weekend. Probably for at least a week, with a flexible timeframe.

I’m just waiting on final approvals at work and then for our travel arranger to do her thing, but June 20th - 24th is looking like a go.

1 Like

Jesus prices have doubled on rooms since I looked last week (was gonna go last weekend). It’s $600 for two nights at flamingo. Booked. Here we go! Leaving tomorrow night.

6 Likes

Does this $300/n room in an ancient hotel come with free sex workers and/or cocaine?

GL out there.

1 Like

Lol thanks. They redesigned it - it’s quite nice now. Last time I stayed I went from caesar’s to flamingo and flamingo was waaay nicer.

Even like shitty motels off the strip were going for $180-$200 a night.

I’m gonna try to run up my bankroll to $10k when i’m there. I can’t put into words how excited I am, it’s been so long since I’ve left this area.

What’s your bankroll starting at? I’m also going for the 5 figure run up. Starting with $4k.

My bankroll is pretty fluid but I’m bringing $2k cash to start with. I might have to take shots at higher stakes than I’ve played before.

3 Likes

this strategy lends itself well to trip reports

5 Likes

If you’re going to 5x your bankroll, makes sense to start with a much larger bankroll imo. Why aim for $10k when you can start with $20k and walk out with $100k?

11 Likes

I can’t tell if this is satire or not…

1 Like

Ok. I’m going too. In about 2 and a half weeks. It was a decision I just reached today. There’s a group of 20 bowlers from my area going to the USBC Open Championships in Vegas. Its by far the most prestigious and biggest amateur (pros bowl it too) event of the year. A player cancelled his trip and that opened up a spot for me. I feel a little guilty about taking it though, since a different group of us was going to go out earlier this month, but we cancelled early this year due to covid concerns. Things have changed now. I’m fully vaxxed. And now I’m hoping the mask requirements will be dropped.

I’m hoping the other players I had originally planned to go with understand why I’ve taken this offer. Anyway, I’ve got like three weeks to get my bowling game together and maybe try to build a little more leg strength. Its a scratch tourney, but there are three divisions. My average puts me on the lower edge of the upper division, so the truth is, I’m going to be in a little over my head and cashing is not a likely outcome. I need to get in upper 20%. Last time I bowled it, I thought I did really well just to make it to the upper 40%. But whatever, its Vegas. When I’m not bowling (most of the time) I’ll be doing some pai gow and sports bets and black jack and hoping not to get crushed.

6 Likes
3 Likes

What are you asking? Who do I think I am???

2 Likes

He is.

2 Likes

People say it’s nonsense, but it wasn’t … I mean, it was gibberish, awesome gibberish, but it also makes sense.

It was epic. Pete just retired from the tour, but will still be doing senior events. I live in the same area as PBA Hall of Famer Nelson Burton Jr. He’ll be 79 soon, and he can still crush all of us in league bowling. Its amazing. I’m going to share one of my favorite videos. Cue it up to the 3:55 mark and you’ll see another PBA legend…Carmen Salvino throwing his last shots in the Tournament of Champions at age 86. I love this video…especially the pointing.