What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

Yeah, French Laundry you pay in full up front.

I did that when I went there. Only place I’ve seen do that though.

Never paid up front any other place and I’ve been to about a dozen Michelin star restaurants.

Fair, Ive never been to another. My son who went to the CIA said his teachers expect it to become a more regular trend though

I’m not sure what qualifies as new, but deposit for a table has been a thing for years. Not even for super high end.

The top top places (e.g. Alinea, French Laundry as mentioned above) will make you buy a ticket for the time slot and whole meal. The entire meal is paid in advance as CanadaMatt & Grue describe above. You don’t even have that much flexibility on when, because if you don’t buy a ticket soon after it is released it will be gone. So you basically get a ticket and then plan the rest of your life to make that dinner happen.

1 Like

Done virtually anywhere moderately nice that I book in Australia now

One of my buddies going with me to Vegas is an aspiring pizza chef. His dream is to open his own pizza place.

What place do we have to go to in vegas given this information?

The airport so you can go somewhere with great pizza.

1 Like

Grimaldi’s or settebello.

Grimaldi’s is a chain out of Brooklyn that does coal fired pizzas. It’s a good pie.

Settebello is neopolitan style pizza.

2 Likes

I think Vegas has had a problem of people booking multiple restaurants, then going to one and cancelling or no-showing the rest.

I’ve eaten at Best Friend several times, but always as a solo diner at the bar without a reservation. I would recommend just getting the chef menu.

1 Like

Pizza Rock downtown. Huge menu featuring detroit, New Haven, and New York style. Decent personal pizzas at happy hour too. Chef and owner is a 13 time world pizza champion.

1 Like

I did just find out about a place called Double Zero Pie & Pub in Chinatown which has Tokyo-style Neopolitan pizza. I’ve never been, but it sounds interesting.

I guess the question is whether your friend wants to go to the “best” pizza place or the most unique or the most financially successful. Is your group planning on all your meals together and you want one transcendent pizza place to share a pie or does he want places he can run off to on the Strip for a quick slice to compare?

1 Like

IDK if it’s as fancy as the other recs but I swear by Northside Nathan’s Pizza.

Their wings are also the best I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

Had to look up new haven style. Never heard of that.

Think we might try pizza rock. He is excited the guy has won the championship a million times.

1 Like

lol I opened this thread and was reading about jmakin doing threesomes and stuff and then realised I was in a time machine to 2021. Good times.

2 Likes

Have you had a threesome?

• Yes, MMF
  • Yes, MFF
  • Yes, both kinds
  • No
  • I’m literally clovis8
0 voters
1 Like

Ive been to the Sacramento location and it was just okay. Don’t get your hopes up.

1 Like

Guess I have to vote! Made me literally lol.

I loved Best Friend but i have limited Korean food experience.

Also fairly standard for a cc deposit here too

1 Like

We loved Best Friend last time we went to Vegas. Most fun we had in a very food oriented trip. Carbone was also a blast.

1 Like