What are you listening to

Bill Withers was such a boss.

2 Likes

lol 3 minutes in, that’s some weird noise

ty for giving it at least 3 minutes lol.

1 Like
1 Like

One of Madlib’s many Bill Withers based beats penned under the name “Dil Withers” as a tribute to Jay Dee aka J Dilla.

2 Likes

Not Cody’s band but a decent performance still with steel. Love the album version. The steel player is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtZTjz40hoA

This new Sturgill Simpson album is lots of fun, but its really for people that already fans.

2 Likes

The video’s a little try-hard, but after a few listens I’m pretty sure this band is actually pretty legit :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have no idea how many agronomists have had raps written about them, but I heard this on NPR earlier.

1 Like

I own this on both DVD and VHS. Not sure if that says more about me or the failures of capitalism.

2 Likes
1 Like

From 2:20:00 or so in until the end of this stream is epic techno and then fast tempo heavy af modular.

29 years ago:

1 Like
2 Likes

oh shit NEW clipping.:

@Trolly and others who have been popping in and out of this thread: this should probably go into the podcast thread, but y’all should def check out this podcast from Open Mike Eagle in which he interviews Prince Paul.

Biz, ODB, RZA, and a ton of others come up in the stories, but mostly it’s a warm, open, funny, honest, and vulnerable conversation between two really interesting guys. (Check out Open Mike Eagle’s music too, for sure):

First episode is here:

1 Like

One of my favorite things about hip hop and music in general is that everyone in a good group is trying to make each other better. Keyboard player’s verse isn’t the best but he makes it work eventually.