What are you listening to

Ahhh. That Samurai Champloo OST mix is misleading also. Definitely not just the OST. Lemme see if I can find the real thing.

ETA : Fixed

Fixed again.  Samurai Champloo OST just wouldn't work.  Replaced it with DJ Shadow.

Tyler Childers is pretty much the only country music I enjoy. Dude is phenomenal.

1 Like

It’d be nice to see downtempo make a comeback. Only well-known name out there still doing it is Massive Attack.

1 Like

Motor sensational.

Björk is super-weird but she has some really good songs. I remember travelling through Iceland and recognizing that her music is a perfect soundtrack when exploring the country.

2 Likes

This song is amazing. The lyricism…

Have to check this out. I get my fix, when I need, from a show called “Not Necessarily Nashville” that plays on the local NPR affiliate station here in Little Rock, AR. They play more the soulful works of all things country and less the poppier versions that dominate mainstream airwaves.

These guys also have some interesting songs:

1 Like

This might help you get your fix. From Poland in 2016.

Glad you liked it. It’s not the mood I have but the mood I need right now.

3 Likes

Bit of a grunch but I went so see Charlotte Church live at her club night Late Night Pop Dungeon a couple of years ago. 600 capacity sweaty club playing with a great live band singing stuff by everyone from Rage against the Machine and Deep Purple to Beyonce and Prince in one long 90 minute mashup.

Voice was astonishing, and it including a couple of superbly vicious foul mouthed tirades against the Tories.

It was an absolutely fantastic night

2 Likes

!!!

Sick. Thanks for sharing the story.

My two favorite Elvis Costello tunes:

1 Like

Mother of god.

3 Likes

So not sure how I missed this but apparently Neil Young had just been sitting on an album from 1975 that he has now released.

Its pretty good!

Couldn’t watch the video. Brutal.