What are you listening to

Alex Van Halen can flat out play.

1 Like

:beers:

What other albums did he work on? Fucking love the sound on that Screaming Females album.

He was the producer “In Utero”. But there was some controversy because the record company was not happy and redid some, but not all, of his work on that album. I believe “Heart-Shaped Box” is his version.

He’s well known in the punk/indie scene, and has done lots of work there. Check out his Wiki, there’s a discography, or search YouTube for his name. There’s a video where he talks extensively about the “In Utero” incident. Plus, he has some really interesting takes on music and the music industry in general.

It’s also worth it to search 22 for his AMA. I don’t recall his screen name but maybe search by his real name? IDK, I never had much luck with the search function over there. His AMA was super interesting. I remember he said he was genuinely surprised how much interest it had generated. It’s like dude, really? You were hand picked by Nirvana to do the follow up to “Nevermind”.

Just wiki Steve Albini. The dude is pretty prolific.

Tried too hard to be The Beatles. Now they hate each other.

That said, Oasis (and Britpop in general) made for some good music during the 90s.

2 Likes

I’ve seen EJ maybe 4 times… getting old, cannot remember.

She was lost yesterday. Far away.

that open D chord at 1:22 Goat eh trolly? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Speaking of, I heard on the news a couple weeks ago that The Verve finally settled that “Bittersweet Symphony” lawsuit…after 22 years!

I’ve had this one stuck in my head for several days now, thanks Jan Terri

1 Like

lol wat on earth?

Goat

1 Like

I love the song but man Lars is horrible at time keeping. It’s really the band adjusting to his inability to maintain a consistent tempo.

u get the info pm’ed to the newbies in FF?

Wrong thread bro, but yes.

1 Like

We want to see some action out there! Ohh!

React videos are the worst thing to ever happen to YouTube.

Disposable Heroes is an awesome song. Metallica’s music used to include a lot of social and political stuff. It was pretty much the theme of an entire album (And Justice For All) but now James doesn’t want the band to be political. I suspect that he has conservative leanings as an avid hunter with NRA membership but doesn’t want to divide his fanbase. Lars even states that he has never talked politics with James.

1 Like

Lars is bright.

A few days ago, I experimented with very limited media for a 2-day stretch. Felt great.