What are you listening to

TIL prolific songwriter Irving Berlin played (almost entirely) the black keys on piano (which equates to F#/Gb major). His pianos were special builds that allowed him to transpose, as seen here:

He wrote a ton of songs you know including God Bless America, White Christmas, Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better, There’s No Business Like Show Business, and Blue Skies, among others:

I’m actually way understating his actual output and influence on music so I’ll link this quick read:

With a life that spanned more than 100 years and a catalog that boasted over 1000 songs, Irving Berlin epitomized Jerome Kern’s famous maxim that “Irving Berlin has no place in American music – he is American music.”

" The black keys are right there, under your fingers. The key of C is for people who study music." --Irving Berlin

Literally listened to this album last night as well.

New favorite song of all time

2 Likes

Goat album

Sad Wings of Destiny by the mighty Priest!! seriously, not a bad track on the entire album. Like rumors fleetwood mac and Ten pearl jammer!

1 Like

Goat, too errr

dat scratch in his voice :30 :heart:

ewwwwwwwww ewwww ewwww ewwww Ahhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

That documentary about the 2 kids that shot themselves in the head with shotguns is unreal – allegedly inspired to commit suicide by subliminal messages in the music. One kid survived(mangled beyond anything resembling human), and the American legal system saw fit to allow the family to haul the band into court.

1 Like

Ay yo, John Lennon had the best post-Beatles run of any of them. I’ll take Happy Xmas and Imagine over Paul’s entire post-Beatles catalog, nevermind that John was shot dead before he could get up to speed. Fuck it, George Harrison in the Traveling Wilburys was way better than Wings.

lol

I remember the day he was shot - he was way past it by then and had just released a comeback album.

Ain’t no companion like a blue eyed girl.

Blue eyed merle. I’ve had 2 and both were wonderful.

Great performance of a great song in these dark times. I swear Myles sings better every year, and that’s saying something in an era when bands now make most of their money through touring, forcing singers to take care of their voices to a degree they could choose not to in the old days of album-heavy profits.

Assuming you are not a sellout hijacking Melodyne. Posers and fakers!!1!1!!!

2 minutes of J’s laid-back vibes, cool house, and short shorts:

@Pauwl

Neat! I saw Dinosaur Jr live over 10 years ago. Super loud in a small concert hall at my University. He played a cheap Jazzmaster and he would screw around with the whammy bar and then have to retune it constantly.

2 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

Since Biden-Covid 2020 killed Walrus I’m going to start posting things I was saving. Please tell me to shut up if I’m flooding this place.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/d00msday_mes/status/1238292623649054721

1 Like

Nice one.

1 Like