What are you listening to

The only good thing that came from True Detective season 2

I agree. It’s got a great hook. They could 've at least put it on the B-side of “Trampled Under Foot” instead of “Black Country Woman”.

1 Like

I suppose this is the most appropriate thread for this, but you can vote once per day. Yes, the link is to google, that’s how they’re doing it this year.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rock+Hall+Fan+Vote

story:

(if Dave Matthews Band gets in on their first try I will cut a bitch)

What would you say?

2 Likes

LOL, I would say scrream and say my votes are for these 5 every day:

Kraftwerk
Depeche Mode
MC5
T. Rex
Motorhead

new wave girls were nice

I’ve had this on a loop for days. The “might not” line cracks me up like it does Chance.

Downside: Every day, my daughter says something like “I’m going to finish my homework after dinner–might not!”

Here’s the original full song, but the beat from the show is better.

2 Likes

quit editing lol it stops the vid lmao

jfc I hate the whole idea of the RRHoF and kudos to the Pistols for boycotting it, but if you have to have one then the MC5 and T-Rex are clearly shoe-ins.

Someone in the other music thread brought up prog metal and it sent me on a trip down memory lane. It’s pure gargabe music, but I love it so much. Esp when I’m running on the treadmill. Fucking keytar solos and shit.

Normally I hate the idea of reaction videos, but these guys are great. As a Gen-Xer who was raised on metal, I love seeing Millenials getting their minds blown rediscovering the classics.

1 Like

it is great workout music lol.

I’m genX too 1971

2 Likes

I enjoy react vids… Weaboo Reacts is the Goat

2 Likes

lol you gotta keep medicine when you listen to Steve Vai. Because you never know when you’re gonna need this shit because this motherfucker is crazy as fuck lol

My friend and I once went to see Yngwie at some shithole venue in Indiana and he was total garbage, but he had an opening act that was this rock band from the Caribbean called Orange Sky and they were the shit. I think they only ever had one album, but I still listen to it. They had kind of a 90’s rock vibe to them.

2 Likes

That’s cool. A template from which to springboard. The quantity of existing works that have been borrowed, adapted or served as a kernel of inspiration in all the various genres of art has to be innumerable.

I’m an intermediate musician in my best moments, and was only ever in 1 band that ‘gigged’ (very liberal usage of that term), but I remember modifying a very R&B passage of music by Seal into something for our goofy little rock band, and it wasn’t complete garbage lol. Pinpointing source material can be almost impossible sometimes.

1 Like

Just heard 3 gun blasts down the street jfc. 12:38 am here

1 Like