What are you listening to

I been waitingggg ah hii eye

I love this stuff. I can’t help myself.

This starts as Scott Joplin meets Franz Liszt. About :40 seconds on it seems like maybe they’re dropping acid and by 2:15 or so it seems like the worst acid trip ever and you want to go rescue them but you can’t. The very end is written for, if I recall correctly, seventeen hands. Amazing. I look at the end of my arms and I only have two or three hands…

2 Likes

Music over my head!

lol acid

what are some of your vivid memories trippin’?

1 Like

and during the few moments that we have left, we wanna talk right down to flat-Earth with Kennedy.

Fresh off the press!

7ukkq3

1 Like
1 Like

Lot of Lech Walesa in the music vid. Learned quite a lot about him and the Solidarity Movement at The European Solidarity Center today. I mean it’s really more the Polish Solidarity Center but I guess they had to expand the scope to get funding or something.

I have NEVER heard “Separate Ways” slap so hard

Let’s make the time tonight. Victory tonight is mine.

Had never heard of this guy but 1/2 million YT views in a day. Tiny Desk delivers yet again.

1 Like

The other Richmond song:

Turned down 8 Million

Good Lord, it’s gruesome here in Tulsa. 107 degrees and not much relief until next Sunday. So I’d like to send this one to whomever else is in the throes of this heatwave:

1 Like

Something about the translation of upper and middle class conservatives to the warble of the downtrodden makes it sound so comical. I hadn’t actually heard the lyrics when first heard about this and when I got around to the lyrics I was like “wait how is anyone taking this seriously?”

You’re working your ass off and you’re worked up about Epstein’s island and fat people?

I know he’s talking about fat people on welfare but, just like section 8 and poor people, it’s really about fat people or poor people as a whole, but you can’t be like “fuck a whole class of people”. You can be against government programs though so poor people and housing become "I have nothing against poor people, but section 8 users… " And fat people becomes "I have nothing against fat people but fat people who use welfare to get fat… ".

In any case while he’s shitting on fat people in general still something funny about a guy who’s an avatar of the forgotten man singing specifically about fat people on welfare.

This is the the first time I have seen a music video from Live and even the first time I’ve seen what they looked like

1 Like

I thought he had a good voice.

But I’m sure everything you said was correct. Its all about getting those 2nd and 3rd clicks for him so I’d imagine it’s all potlically driven for maximum hysteria.

Im also a Dwight Yoakam fan but I couldn’t tell you wtf he talked about other than guitars and Cadillacs.