What are you listening to

i see the thread

2 Likes

Like the pine trees lining the winding road. If it gets me nowhere, I’ll go there proud.

1 Like

hype! is that from test for echo? there might be a track on that album that seems like proto Dream Theater iirc

Dream Theater obvs huge fans of Rush, but maybe that association with earlier stuff. could be wrong

1 Like

lol a track called Virtuality

Yuppp. I just put on the whole album. A whole bunch of bands that were big in the 80s then came out with their “90s” album experimenting with new sounds for modern tastes.

A lot of bands did really well, like Aerosmith who essentially reinvented themselves into the band we know today, or the incredible one off banger albums of bands like

Duran Duran (their 1993 self titled album with stuff like “Come Undone” and "Ordinary World)

what I still believe is Def Leopard’s best album to date Slang with bangers like “Truth,” “Turn to Dust,” and “Blood Runs Cold”

Dream Theater’s very much not successful collaboration with Kevin Shirley, who could not replicate the same magic for their music as he had for Aerosmith, but Falling Into Infinity gave us some of DT’s perfect songs like the instrumental “Hell’s Kitchen”

And then Rush outdid them all with an album that sounded both fresh and modern while doing weird prog rock stuff in keeping with their classic sound. The whole album is one banger after another.

1 Like

lol back to this album. please, human being, if you bleed they will say it was destined! Barabbas the zealot

1 Like

That’s another one! The mix is not very good but the songwriting is his best, and yet he plays very few songs from that 90s album anymore.

1 Like

yep. love the audience in this one. and he’s in his zone. love that lyric uh …stoned to the b-jebus belt… ‘say if you can, it’s ok’

go on, move to it if you have to

1 Like

that narrow road

a ‘christian band’ singing of love surviving God wars and system beliefs

1 Like

Raise :moneybag:

1 Like

The moderately paced, grooving opening track, “Human Beings,” merges Seal’s trademark soothing and crooned vocals with lyrics that deal with the highly publicized deaths of gangsta rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G…

1 Like

john mayer trio

1 Like

This 70s classic

May as well be “real”

1 Like

That’s rockin

These things forever change us.

And I’d like to know your name. And I must know who you are.