Anakin=Space Jesus made me think of this

1 Like

Loving this.

1 Like
1 Like

lol that guitar

1 Like

https://www.vai.com/guitars/phased-systems-d-mini-2/

Yeah I was trying to find one of these which is how I got that video. Totally forgot he played one on that song lol.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Saw Rex Orange County last night as a mid 40s music lover. I’m familiar with most of his stuff. First time seeing him

I was in a sea of 16-20 year olds screaming every word to every song.

We go to a LOT of shows and it was pretty crazy.

1 Like

Haven’t been playing much but started practicing fusion backing tracks again recently and was thinking about picking up more of a shredder guitar as a beater. The problem with Parkers is that vultures hoarded the proprietary trem springs when the company went out of business, and now they’re $130 thanks to these price gougers. The springs are apparently pretty easy to break so that means I’ll probably never use the whammy bar on it ever again. I checked out these Charvels like the one in the video and those mofos want $1400 for a Made in Mexico instrument. Everything in the guitar world is like 10,000% inflation over five years.

1 Like

good to hear you’re playing. take the leap, mang! who are famous Charvel players? Jake E. Lee, Guthrie Govan, Jess Lewis lol :heart_eyes:

Yeah I’d love to, I just don’t think Charvel is particularly good value right now. I’m definitely not paying that much for a MIM guitar because I don’t think they will hold up in the market long term as collector value. Maybe some of the limited editions will. I looked at the new MIJ line and it’s insane: $2,600 or something. I’m positive you can get the vintage MIJs for under $1k. The collectible market is basically USA and MIJ (especially the FujiGen factory) with some rare exceptions on oddball models.

The best shredder value right now is USA Peaveys which can still be had for fairly cheap relative to the market, and I think it’s because nobody played the ones from that era (EVH was later). So I started looking, and that’s how I discovered the Peavey Vandenberg signature model.

That’s a sick axe, but who the f*** is Vandenberg? I actually had to look this up b/c I didn’t remember the name. He was the dude who was briefly in Whitesnake after John Sykes and before / during Steve Vai. Doesn’t look Vandenberg even contributed much on the actual recordings other than the Here I Go Again solo, yet he landed a dope signature guitar. There isn’t even much footage of him out there but here’s his solo spot from 1990 concert playing a white one:

Yeah those guys but EVH obviously, DeMartini, George Lynch briefly, Holdsworth briefly, some others. The George Lynch angle is kind of weird and something I was watching videos about recently. Like EVH’s Frankenstein, the Lynch bengals were almost definitely built from scrap Charvel parts, but the necks were later changed out along with the headstock logos getting covered over with ESP once he signed on. Here’s a hot from the Just Got Lucky video:

Screenshot from 2022-06-27 01-41-30

This guy stayed with companies for such short times that his signature models before Carvin are impossible to find:

Lol 84 total pieces good luck finding one of those for less than the price of a new Honda.

1 Like

New FOALS out last week. Another solid addition to their work.

I never saw the movie, so this music video made me think it was a serious movie until I saw the trailer.

Vai goat. Vandenberg’s solo follows Stevie’s

1 Like