WCQ And Other International Soccer

Haven’t been on 2+2 for over a year, but Cruzin was awesome. I wish I saved a copy of EmpireMan’s lawnmower translation

@EmpireMan

LOL England

The booing has started & boycotts shall be.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1400861777479581706

Whats happening?

Murdoch and his many news outlets have decided to go after the BLM Organisation and have roped in the racists who attend games to get them to boo the taking of the knee that the players take just before the game and they booed at the players during the friendly match the other night.

1 Like

Don’t carry about the players I only root for political interests

The group being brutal matters way less thanks to the idiotic format change allowing a handful of 3rds to advance. Takes so much of the tension out of the group stage.

Last time around Portugal had an absolute cake group and played like complete shit in drawing every much, but got to advance as a 3rd place team and then continued luckboxing to the title. Still tilts me that they won.

4 Likes

He pops in from time to time, but very sparingly. I’m sure he’ll make an appearance if Mexico wins on Sunday, but remain in hiding if not.

1 Like

Brazil versus Ecuador world cup qualifier in 16 minutes

1 Like

That Portugal team was bad, but was very good defensively and largely played for draws.

Now Portugal has maybe the two best FB in Europe and their front 4 is better than France, mostly because France uses an extra mf as a winger (matuidi for the wc and probably tolisso this time).

Tolisso/griezmann/benzema/mbappe is obviously great but I give a slight edge to Jota/ronaldo/fernandes/Bernardo especially if first off the bench for Portugal is Joao Felix or Andre Silva vs Coman and Dembele.

I’ll have $ on both teams but like Portugal on paper more.

2 Likes

:soccer: :wine_glass:

Cruizn63 = legend

8 Likes

Oh yeah that guy who was (and am sure still is) under the delusion that Mexico is a world force in soccer.

The Ecuadoran keeper is a nice player, relaxed, and the team in front of him are decent. This Brazilian generation still underwhelming, and Neymar’s antics don’t ingratiate

It’s just not a good generation. Their best CM was Fernandinho. Their best winger is probably Richarlison? Yikes.

My thoughts exactly. Every last bit of this.

1 Like

Portugal also had a very easy road to the finals even after finishing third, whereas second will have to play England (or maybe Croatia) and third likely the Dutch. Not an easy r16 game.

1 Like

Until they increase the number of teams in the finals to 32 (hopefully not too far away) it’ll be this way.

I agree it absolutely ruined 2016, easily the worst major tourney I’ve seen in my lifetime.

The idea that a country as large as Brazil which is insane about football and devotes plenty of resources to it can have a bad generation is insane.

It would be like the USA having a bad basketball generation. Doesn’t seem possible.

I remember they were favorites over Belgium last world cup. I did not bet enough on that match.

Brazils second best player is their goalie. That’s just not good.