International Soccer: POCH

Was just about to post that the first picture seems legit. Reverse image search showed nothing.

Super super good sign for Eriksen.

Post-ROSC (getting pulses back) care is a super complicated topic, but the first decision point is if the person is awake and following commands. Looks like that’s a yes at this point, and is an extremely good sign.

Yeah, they’re saying he’s stable, so that’s good news

https://twitter.com/UEFA/status/1403765507682193409

Can’t praise the medics enough. That is the highest of high pressure codes, and there’s no way you’re mentally prepared for such a thing to happen. You have thousands watching you in the stadium and millions on TV.

Honestly, it was probably a simple code that they’ve all done before, but you can’t understate the pressure of that situation. You hope the training kicks in and takes over, but it’s by no means a given. Great fucking work. They’ll remember that for the rest of their lives.

3 Likes

There’s also a special place in hell for the person who:

1. Showed what was Eriksen’s wife crying on the pitch
  2. Stopped her from going over to him on the field

Agree #1 is rough but I thought #2 was appropriate by his teammates in the moment. It had been like 5 minutes, they’d been right with him, and probably thought he was dead. They didn’t want her seeing that.

1 Like

I suppose it could come from a good place, but having family with them as they do CPR is better for everyone involved in the long run. There’s actual evidence on how it positively affects the grieving process. I made a post about bringing in the husband of a patient during a code a few weeks back. It was important.

It’s brutal to do to yourself as a medical provider because it humanizes the person dying in front of you, but it’s the right thing to do.

I have a hard time relating on this one. I know it’s a common sentiment, but I don’t get it. In her shoes I’d want to be seeing whatever is going on. And even if dead, I’d need to see it with my own eyes.

Maybe if it’s some gruesome car accident or something, that’s different.

3 Likes

That’s all fair. I’ve never been in the situation thankfully so I don’t know how I’d react.

We did see her. It’s not like she was being restrained. She knew where he was. I think if she said F all of you I’m going to be next to my husband, she would have been free to.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DBUfodbold/status/1403774865186951177

Google Translate:

Christian Eriksen is awake and his condition remains stable. He remains hospitalized at Rigshospitalet for further examinations.
The match against Finland will be played tonight. This happens after the players have been confirmed that Christian is okay. The match resumes at 20.30.

Shocked that they are actually finishing on the same day.

It seems like they only showed her for a second or two. I guess they believed she was another player and cut away when they realized the mistake.

You could of course argue that even showing the players on TV is also bad.

Schmeichel (?) trying to keep her away also seems understandable if you consider that they do not know what is shown on TV. Maybe he wanted to protect her from breaking down on live TV. He is not a medical professional and has most likely never dealt with a situation like this.

I am not saying they made good decisions, but not being prepared for this situation, their decisions seem bad, but not „special place in hell bad“.

you guys are nuts. you have to show the wife. the fans want DRAMA

you cut to the wife, you cut to the fans, you cut to him lying there motionless, eyes open. ratings.

1 Like

Both teams “agreed” to play the rest of the match tonight

Lol wait it’s on now. ESPN 2

Great job playing an hour after your teammate almost died

1 Like

Russia didn’t take a knee. Heck em

https://twitter.com/DK_Assist/status/1403771727960854529

I wonder if they’ll reverse on this now

Terrible penalty call even worse attempt holy shit

Shot attempts: Denmark 20-1
Goals: Finland 1-0

Looks like Denmark can’t Finnish