Walrus IV reveal Thread. Kingvaldo Collab.

I :heart: all you rascals, and appreciate what I think is a record 17 entrants!

I know how much my favorite music means to me, so while criticism is part of this game, remember I’m just a stupid man offering a pretty cursory appraisal of the art, even though I listened to every track an average of prolly 5 or 6 times.

OK, so I’ll simply award from 1 to 17 points and provide feedback on my impressions of each.

Following the entreaty for groove and melody, my submission would’ve been something like the following:

jalfezly, what’s the time signature?

or something like this, anyway:

on with it!

7 Likes

I fully expect awful scores here but lets do this thang

Was just about to go to bed, but guess I’ll stay up till you break my heart.

3 Likes

I mean, if its anything like the last one, this shouldn’t take long.

4 Likes

This I like :heart:

1 Like

Too soon.

1 Like

:smiley:

1 Like

Hi frands

1 Like

2 Likes

Hi music haters.

1 Like

:yawning_face:

1 Like

3 Likes

Oh just to provide a bit of background for this category, one song turned me on immensely, a few were interesting, and prolly about half were fair to middling to not my cup o tea! haahah

I want to do a bit of a write-up for each, so while I open a fresh sodi, watch football, pick my ass and suffer writer’s block, the pace should be nice and glacial.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Wondering if I go to sleep at 11 whether there’ll be no updates when I wake up.

2 Likes

Should be a strong start with Riv trashing everyone’s favorite bands, lol

3 Likes
2 Likes

ok. with 1 point pyatnitski!

I like jazz, but it has got to dare to do something outside of the customary. Those guys are trippers and voyagers, this is safe and bland. This 12-minute-long song basically meanders over the same terrain, without any summit. No real flirtation with any satisfying ingredient. It’s like Traffic’s ‘The Low Spark of High‐Heeled Boys’ sans any move forward in a purposeful way.

lol go to bed, amigo. We’ll talk jazz, you and I, some other time. :heart:

Favorite bands/artists was super hard. For one thing, it was super tempting to lie. Secondly, I feel like I kind of stopped having real favorites a long time ago. Or at least I stopped feeling secure in talking about music that way? I dunno, it seems like something that made more sense when I was younger.

ETA, omg the reveal is happening! I’ll shut up!

And one last ETA before I actually do shut up: in the end I think I was pretty honest even if it prevented me from considering a lot of music from “current favorites”.

1 Like