Walrus Grab Bag 6 - Reveal Thread!

In 1st Place earning 9 points - Sugababes - Hole In The Head

How have I not heard this song before? I really feel like I should have. Either way, I successfully created a category that will probably win for worst winning song in Walrus history, so that’s a success on some level!

Congrats on your victory to whoever submitted this!

2 Likes

I’m kinda disappointed now that no one submitted this.

1 Like

You forget so easily that DVDA’s “Now you’re a Man” won a category

Well now I gotta know where it would rank

Clear podium!

1 Like

Despite my joke comments, this song was actually pretty solid, and it gave us the great line “I’d sell my ass before I think of you.”

Lol i actually considered both 1st and 2nd. At least i wasnt last place kero kero :frowning:

If i had to guess i’d say the issue is that i don’t think most of us enjoy bubblegum pop, because it is not good music. kero kero put some interesting twist on it to make it palatable.

Sugababes were a decent pick i started going through a few songs and kinda forgot about it

3 Likes

exactly. I was the other last place Kero Kero :frowning:

Honestly, it was about the only thing I could find for this category that was palatable. like…the other stuff here? not my jam.

2 Likes

When will you be awarding me my first place prize?

I kinda view it as guilty pleasure music. It’s objectively not good, but sometimes fun to listen to. That’s my personal view at least.

I understand. Just not my guilty pleasure for the most parts. The one i do enjoy in the popular trashy pop songs stray too far away from bubblegum to fit the category imo.

I did try out a lot of bubblegum songs to find something i can listen all the way through. Btw my original pick was all about the bass which i was sure gonna pop up here. Wasn’t expecting 4 bonitos

2 Likes

Yeah no way I thought 3 other folks would choose Kero Kero, not to mention the same damned song. I should have hate-submitted and put in Friday, because I was considering it.

By the way, field…I got zero repeats and only one song I’ve ever heard before, so GOOD JOB!!!

Also, I have a feeling I’m one of the band repeats in the SUB category…but at least he seems to like the band.

4 Likes

Does that mean you were the other duplicate with tilted? I’m not 100% yet on who submitted what here.

yes

1 Like

That was as bubble gum as I could get. I’ll take 3rd!

3 Likes

9/8: Tilted/skydiver
7: CanadaMatt
6: eyebooger
5: yuv
4: seities
3: Pauwl
2: superuberbob
1: suzzer

Is that correct?

3 Likes

Oh well, 2nd place still better than I thought given my lack of effort

1 Like

I actually thought that submission was gonna be you. That’s why I was like, yeah I’m sure you did fine :joy:

I’m 5th

1 Like

I actually thought you might get duplicated entries as your category was pretty restrictive. Good job everyone if it didn’t