Walrus Grab Bag 6 - Reveal Thread!

Can confirm this was not the criteria.

This was my other option but seemed less bubblegummy than Ill Show you

Still alive!!

1 Like

And the winner is:

1 Like

In 4th place earning 6 points - Kero Kero Bonito - Picture This

The best of the 4, yes 4, Kero Kero Bonito songs! This one was decently catchy, but my preference for English won out and left it just short of the podium.

As a recap, in the first 6 songs revealed we had 4 by Kero Kero Bonito, one by TWICE, and one featuring TWICE. This may go down as the least original category submissions of all time!

3 Likes

Ya’ll can hit me up when the winner of this category has a 9 tailed fox with mind control powers, and a literal demon that can control shadows, mmmmkay?

1 Like

Sounds like somebody made their category too specific.

1 Like

What in the actual fuck? Kero Kero Bonito submitters - explain yourselves.

1 Like

Also PODIUM BETCHES!!!

1 Like

This was one of my more confident categories.

I guess you had a leg up by submitting any random generic white girl

2 Likes

I get this is a joke, but let’s stop with it here. There’s an implication with it that I’m not a fan of.

1 Like

Thats fair, was not intending to have it come across with any negative context. My apologies.

2 Likes

In 3rd place earning 7 points - Springtime Carnivore - Name on a Matchbook

This is the song whose ranking likely fluctuated the most, but it landed on the podium. I feel like whoever submitted this kinda failed the assignment, but it was objectively the best song submitted. In a different situation where I liked most of the music submitted, this probably lands on the nodium for not being catchy/upbeat enough, but here we are.

2 Likes

Yeah, not sure that hits Bubblegum in my mind

1 Like

One last example song before we get to the top 2! Btw, I’ve always done this for my individual reveals in grab bags and would like to suggest it to others. I think it can be fun to see what someone was thinking of when they created their category if applicable.

1 Like

In 2nd place earning 8 Points - Hoku - Perfect Day

Whoever submitted this nailed the assignment, but they did submit a song that I’m guessing everyone in here has heard before. The separation between this and our winner was that the winner brought something new (even though it was old) to the table for me.

2 Likes

BOOM HEADSHOT

1 Like

I actually considered this, but it was like the main title song in a HUGE movie so it went against my goal of submitting fairly obscure stuff.

1 Like

After seeing second place, Im pretty confident I know what the winner is.

3 Likes