Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

So as this person guessed, given I like stripped down and acoustic versions of songs, I often like the Storyteller version of songs. This version is the best version of this song. Annie has a great voice, but Eurythmics obviously like to have tons of beats and electronica over their songs, so this is a great example of stripping that away and just listening to the voice.

Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again (Storytellers)

3 Likes

That leaves us with the least deserved first place ever. This person took the lead singer of a band I mentioned in my category post and had them cover a song of another band I mentioned in my category post. I haven’t seen more blatant pandering before and didn’t want to reward them, but I just didn’t like the other 11 songs enough to drop this. I play Walrus not because I have great taste to share with y’all (based on my score), but to find some songs I wouldn’t have known about otherwise. Unfortunately none of these hit home with me like so many in prior walruses (walrii?) have, so this person got away with it.

It’s my favorite Heart Song sung by one of my favorite singers.

Floor Jansen covering Heart’s Alone

4 Likes

i honestly don’t think i can find someone whose taste in music is further away than mine. appreciate the reveal during a rough period.

grats louis i assume?

5 Likes

Mine was Sunny Day Real Estate.

eta: Congrats Louis!

1 Like

That‘s mine. I, of course, was aware that you know Floor but didn’t know you followed her Youtube channel which is the only place where this was released, fairly recently. I didn’t remember that you mentioned Heart at all. Sorry about that.
I am willing to plead guilty to pandering in the second degree and hope the judge will accept the quality of the song as mitigating circumstances.

1 Like

Final scores below.

Congratulations to Louis, an absolute shoeing for the rest of us. Walrus play on a level even he might not touch again. (50% victories, for fuck’s sake!)

Have to tip the cap to skydiver as well. My brief trip to the archives just showed she got more total points than I did when I won the first Grab Bag even though I had an extra round to get them. Unlucky.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reveal, Nicholas!

And congrats to Louis for subjecting the rest of us to complete and utter domination. Brutal!

And of course thanks to Pyatnitski for running this Grab Bag so we can be entertained, but also aggrieved.

5 Likes

Thanks.

Good thing she isn’t fiercely competitive or anything.

5 Likes

missing the overall podium by one point is a perfect outcome for the way my month has been going.

2 Likes

Lol at Nich and I swapping tens in the last two reveals

1 Like

Damn I moved myself onto nodium by placing Matt’s entry 3rd

You’re welcome, and I guess I owed you as we placed each other the same, so that’s a wash and thus I deserve nodium

2 Likes

Well I had been on a hot streak until that last place to close it out. I knew when I was submitting that it wasn’t really stripped down, but I don’t really have anything that is in my playlist.

Ask for stripped down music, get a bunch of meh music. There’s a lesson there!

2 Likes

There is plenty of great stripped down music

The lazy way is just take any good song and send the acoustic version and that’s a great song

1 Like

Sweet, a band that I don’t know much of their music but really like the stuff I’m familiar with.

Thanks for the reveal during a tough time, I’ll listen to these next time I have some space to do so.

1 Like

Yeah, Eurythmics was mine. Annie Lennox is just transcendent.

This is by far my best walrus ever! thanks for the great categories, and grats to Louis, who obviously has the pandering thing down to a science.

Sorry I missed the reveal, I had a very busy afternoon/evening and tbh, I kinda forgot about it. Sorry Nic…lol

4 Likes

b-real4

2 Likes

This was fun, I found judging to be a little easier than I thought. Not sure if I’m ready to commit to doing a full solo walrus, but if anybody wants to do another grab bag or a joint thing, I might be interested.

3 Likes

:heart: your reveal in this one

2 Likes