Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

Wat

He’s one of the most liked characters on the show by fans (may well win a poll); he has just 1-2 lines per episode but they are gold.

Creed is anything but forgettable

I podiumed!!!

As a side note, since this walrus submission I finally saw Across the Universe and I like a lot of the versions they do, so it’s a good soundtrack to check out if you want Beatles covers.

3 Likes

OFFICIAL UPCOMING SCHEDULE
(Full thing in post #2)

Name Time
SwankyWilder 2021-02-20T00:00:00Z
eyebooger 2021-02-21T00:00:00Z
1 Like

Orca is mine, and glad to finally submit something you like listening to!

Great reveal Sky, though I do hope future reveals require less work for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ll take the 6 points

I just chose a song and didn’t fret over the lyrics.

2 Likes

That was my alternative but I had already posted it previously as a “what would I have submitted” so I went with a risky pick. This category was one of my three remaining liabilities so I am not surprised to have ended up just above the nodium.

I had a bit of a chuckle when I read that comment for my category when @seities submitted Recoil. Not only did I stumble upon them in the wild I had submitted them in this very Walrus. Breath Control was the only song I knew though so it was all good.

1 Like

I’ll take that offer if it is still on the table.

2 Likes

Balance has been restored. Now I don’t have to feel bad about giving 5 points to skydiver.

1 Like

haha yeah I definitely did a double take when I saw Recoil come up in this category. It was entirely random that I found that song I submitted to your category as I mentioned…but it was a song I listened to a few times and thought “shit, this is actually kinda good…takes me away to another place”. I had it in my special “submit to Walrus” playlist (yes I actually have one of those) but it kinda takes a particular combo of category and host for that track to have any chance of not being on the nodium, so when Mr Eclectic Taste LouisCyphre asked us to introduce him to something new, I seized my moment.

2 Likes

Me, too.

1 Like

4 Likes

Interesting. I don’t really care for psychedelic music and I probably won’t listen to it outside of this thread but I wouldn’t be unhappy to get this in a walrus.

Alright I can’t really disagree with this statement too much. Not a fan of covers that sound exactly like the original except with someone else’s voice.

Kind of nice but once again

Not a fan of covers that sound exactly like the original except with someone else’s voice.

This category is starting to put me to sleep. This is actually more offensive to my ears than the last two entries since I feel like this one makes the song worse. More Junior Parker please!

This didn’t hit as hard as I was expecting but at least it’s got some flair to it. I agree this is sort of a weird choice for an instrumental cover.

Put me in the “never been a huge fan of this song” camp as well. This version is fun though, a pleasant surprise for me as I can’t imagine enjoying hearing someone else sing this song.

This nearly runs afoul of my earlier rule but feels just different enough to be distinct. Feels very early 2000s. An underrated Beatles song imo.

More George! This could maybe stand to be a little more distinct but damn if it isn’t pretty to listen to.

Not that familiar with the original song but this version is pretty sick. Would probably be a winner for me but maybe the podium is even better.

This is pretty good, probably fits this band better than the Beatles tbh. Not sure I love it but definitely top half of the category.

113 views! How many from this walrus? This is legit, very distinct from the original. Worthy of a podium spot. I don’t generally like songs longer than 4-5 minutes but it doesn’t feel bad here. My wife, a huge Beatles fan, would probably hate it. Not crazy about the Aretha version, if I’m being honest.

Hmmm this is just ok imo, probably not a podium song for me. What is Love cover is great though. Really good reveal, love all the facts and extra songs thrown in as well as lack of trolling the other participants.

3 Likes

I think this would have done better than the other song for me personally, I like it a lot on first listen.

@seities
@eyebooger
@skydiver8
@NotBruceZ
@Yuv
@LouisCyphre
@anon29622970
@Pauwl
@pyatnitski
@smrk4
@Nicholasp27
@CanadaMatt3004

Saturday reveal should be good to go in a couple of hours

7 Likes

Your category is one of those could end up anywhere submissions but I’m cautiously optimistic.

2 Likes

I really like what I’ve submitted here, it’s one of my favourites, but that means nothing really. Swanky does have good taste, though. Well, except when he doesn’t.

3 Likes

Oh shit, Im gonna score so low here

4 Likes

I will be starting this in about 10 minutes - just a couple of late place switches going on

@seities
@eyebooger
@skydiver8
@NotBruceZ
@Yuv
@LouisCyphre
@anon29622970
@Pauwl
@pyatnitski
@smrk4
@Nicholasp27
@CanadaMatt3004

6 Likes

I’ve never been able to figure Swanky out and I don’t intend to start now. My only reluctance in calling a certain nodium here is just how strong the nodium game of CM3004 and NBZ has been, bringing the starting odds from 3/12 to 1/10.

Edit to acknowledge the consistency of Mr Booger in this grab bag as well.

1 Like