Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

as predicted. I love Nick Cave, but he’s polarizing. sigh

They were so ahead of their time.

2 Likes

ok, fixed that

1 Like

You shouldn’t have. It’s the small imperfections that give a post character.

1 Like

Already a top 3 performance for me so far.

2 Likes

That was, uh, not that track I thought was yours. It wasn’t that I hated it, but I knew going in that I was probably going to disappoint most people who submitted a song from that soundtrack.

1 Like

That’s fair. I knew going in that it as definitely a big risk, though I didn’t know that tidbit about the movie.

Is Nick Cave really that controversial?

I usually like Nick Cave. Here he didn’t do much with the song which is explained by the constraints put upon him.

1 Like

In 9th place, earning 4 points - Chris Cornell - “You’ve got to Hide your Love Away”

This acoustic version of this song from Help! comes from a live session for BBC Radio 1, a common source for covers. I like it, but I don’t have any underlying love for the original song (nor do I have much love for Soundgarden and I couldn’t tell you a damn thing about Audioslave) and this feels like a standard acoustic version of the song. How much different is it from how Eddie Vedder performs this song?

This is totally the sort of song that a guy with a guitar plays to impress girls in college. The “hey” encourages audience participation.

3 Likes

Not to people with discerning tastes. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I feel like there is at least one Walruser who has a noted fandom for Audioslave, but I can’t be arsed to keep track of that stuff.

I am sensing a pattern in the submissions so far.

Ever heard of Tom Morello?

I’ve heard of a lot of people. I can’t name a single RATM song off the top of my head. I guess I should have said I can’t tell you a damn thing about Audioslave other than it’s Chris Cornell plus people from Rage Against the Machine.

1 Like

Siiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhh

3 Likes

Fair enough.

At this rate, Yuv is going to podium this category.

1 Like

Don’t do it. He’d be sorely disappointed to not complete his Walrus scorigami.

3 Likes

I’m surprised my song has made it this far. But having posted about it now, I’m sure I’ll go next.

3 Likes

In 8th place, earning 5 points - Booker T & the MGs - “Eleanor Rigby”

Originally off of 1966’s Revolver, this comes from the 1968 album Soul Limbo. This instrumental track certainly is recognizable as the style of Booker T & the MGs. I’m not sure why they picked this song, other than because it was recently popular. This track may be getting down-rated a bit because there are other versions I like more.

3 Likes

It took me 8 categories, but I have finally finished outside the bottom 5.

8 Likes