Walrus 9 Sign Up

I do that sometimes, but everyone is killin’ it lately and they’re earned

lol lawnmowerman’s fashion biohazard post

1 Like

version 1 will have some kind of space for banter, though I think signing up for games would be good if people could just line up.

Discourse has an API https://docs.discourse.org/

Maybe me or my future associates will figure out how to run a whoisyourwalrus game through the discourse site.

1 Like

If there’s still room I’ll be in.

1 Like

So, I make that @CanadaMatt3004 @mjiggy @seities @Jalfrezi are in.

Also @cassette @smrk4 & @Pauwl are waiting for now, but the signs seem pretty good. I’ll leave it till Wednesday night for new entries and after that just accept anyone so you all have time to properly consider choices.

@JohnnyTruant I have a few records by Ghostface Killah but it’s probably fair to say I’m hip hop ignorant for the most part. I promise, though, that if I puzzle out an entry of yours and I’m not ranking it in, say, the top 4, I’ll just put it last to avoid the heartache of mid table mediocrity. Fair?

After writing this I think I support micro’s robot helper.

PS Have messaged @King_of_NY to hopefully confirm how to enter.

2 Likes

If you want to drag a lurker out of his lair i’m keen for a go

2 Likes

You’re in!

@King_of_NY is confirmed as the person to send entries to, so PM them that way. Have edited the first post to reflect that.

As of now the plan is I’ll get everything once they’re all in, which seems best.

1 Like

Sweet. I’m an aged English punk so hopefully might be some semi obscure stuff that’s new to some of you. Loved that melt banana track btw

3 Likes

Well now this is just sucking up of the highest order. Good thing these are blind submissions

Replace Millhouse with Melt Banana

1 Like

It’s taken me most of today to listen to and rank just two categories so I’d leave plenty of time if I were you.

1 Like

So Surfin’ USA wasn’t for everyone, I get that, but I do feel a bit guilty as they mostly put out crowd pleasing sing-along stuff like this:

1 Like

@simplicitus get in here.
@Rivaldo what are you doing, man? Get in here.

2 Likes

This video is incredible. I’m tempted to put on high heels and try these moves, but I’d surely end up in the hospital.

1 Like

in

@TheDuker @suzzer99 get in

i like this nice relaxed pace… entry-period is open till feb 3. I’ll submit during super bowel sunday’s 8 hours of pregame.

1 Like

I’ve got my 1st and 5th pics decided :popcorn:

need a clarification on wtf is going on with question #4, sir Goat Host

@JohnnyTruant how much swag does Mr. Neville have in the delivery of this 1st verse?

2 Likes

I considered dropping out because I didn’t think I had anything for the anecdote category but then I had a flash of inspiration and came up with one. Still struggling with the other categories though!

2 Likes

Question: does no.5 have to be an actual last track or can it just feel like a last track?

2 Likes

SENT!

3 Likes

Welcome @Rivaldo (the goat in my heart whatever happens next) & @suzzer99.

As for cateory rulings:

Category 4, don’t sweat it, as in the OP I don’t mind about the anecdote quality at all and they will not feature in the judging. I just enjoy them and this seemed like a way of hearing a bunch. I wouldn’t care in the slightest if your anecdote is, “one time some moron asked for a song and an anecdote and I had none, but I just picked this banging tune and told him some nonsense to go with it. Guess what? He only went and fell for it!” I mean, I think we’d all enjoy some anecdotes with our Walrus, but definitely don’t let it be a barrier or a source of frustration.

Category 5, if you think a song that wasn’t actually last feels like a last song then that’s fine with me, it’s absolutely about your tastes and opinions.

1 Like

Juggling too much at the moment to participate, but I support the effort.

1 Like