Walrus 9 Reveal Thread

This is KONY’S moment to be thanked for things. YOU WAIT YOUR GODDAMN TURN!

1 Like

Will it be able to anonymise players while still allowing round by round point tallies?

I hadn’t really thought about this yet, but at this point submissions are Anonymous and I would have to do something to make them not be.

Of course and thanks to the king. I just don’t want people to think that I’ve slacked and for this walrus fad to die out before I release.

2 Likes

I was just messing around/being an idiot (playing to my strengths, some would say). It’s super awesome that you are building this and if there is any way I can help just lmk. Muchas Gracias, Micro.

It is on GitHub. If anyone wants to work on it they are welcome. Just let me know.

1 Like

I can’t code, but I’ll be happy to help Beta test when the time comes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like there might be a quorate about now. I’ve just spent an enjoyable hour doing boring adult admin stuff, but, if you all don’t mind me taking breaks to eat and the like then I could begin in 15 minutes or so. Is that cool?

4 Likes

OK, let’s do this, first reveal imminent—the Top Ten Best Pop Songs Of All TimeTM. Please imagine the entire reveal is done like this:

(Some massive stuff in that rundown, btw. Ahhh, the past.)

3 Likes

Your entries were exactly what I wanted from the category and the standard was high. That’s probably unsurprising as you were, after all, given carte blanche to submit chart topping smash hits that everyone loves. Well done nonetheless, I had a good time listening to these.

But first, what should you have submitted? As one of you correctly commented,

the superlative here makes this category impossible. As soon as you think you’ve got it, something else will pop up.

So exactly what I would have submitted can never quite be known. There’s two tracks coming up that would have very probably been on my short list, but mostly I think I’d have submitted this one. It’s mind boggling to me how great it is every single time.

3 Likes

Jackson 5 was on my short list, alas. When do people take credit for their songs, during the reveal or wait for category to be finished?

Hmmm ok. This looks vaguely promising. It’s not like I submitted Ace Of Spades or something.

He said upthread that ranks are locked in so take credit when posted, imo.

Also, what about all the players who won’t be here to claim?

EDIT. esp if KONY isn’t here to help.

After your song is fine, I promise I have everything locked and I will not change it. But, it’s up to you, really.

Not sure it matters when people claim, so that should be fine if some are claimed later on. But in case I’m missing something I’ll pause briefly before posting the first song for it to be potentially explained…

I don’t think it matters if it takes a while to be claimed. We can all wildly speculate in the meantime.

1 Like

Good points. If 2 or more are away for a day or two KONY should be able to help.

I said I had a good time and I always try to live by the important philosophy above, but, sadly, that isn’t possible for everyone. Some song still had to come last…

In tenth place with 1 point
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

An old boss always said I was too critical and would make me come up with good things to say, so I’ll do that. I like the end of the ballad bit (before the guitar solo starts). Also the riff from Wayne’s World is good. And there’s that part of the video where their heads go all funny, that’s fun.

I mean, obviously I know I’m the idiot here, this is a universally loved classic! You (whoever you are) just got unlucky and I’m sorry. Let’s move on.

2 Likes

Not me. I wouldn’t have called that pop music.

But dayuuum.

2 Likes