Walrus 13: UP HATES BANGERS Edition!!!

It’s that thing where you like a band when nobody else has heard of them, then you “grow tired” of them once they make it big. Before they made it big, they were the “indierock”

4 Likes

oh shit I know lots of those.

1 Like

Alright my list is coming together.

PM your 2nd choice for each category to me.

1 Like

Flood of Entries beginning, 4 so far plus my own is also LOCKED IN.

3 Likes

Yes! Actually came here to ask how many you’d received so far. Keep those entries coming in!

I ain’t got the time. I ain’t got the skin.

jk will be to pyatgoatczynski with seconds to spare!

1 Like

Sent.

So, I thought one of these categories lined up perfectly with a Godspeed You Black Emperor tune, and then I thought two other categories did as well, and then I thought fuck it let’s shoot the moon, I can get Tom on board. Sure, they’re all instrumentals but I’m thinking outside the box for category six.

Long story short, the runtime for my submissions is three and one half hours long.

1 Like

i can read those letters and you can’t.

1 Like

does it say “this is our shortest tune, clocking in at a brisk 17 minutes” ?

nope. it says ‘chaos’.

or to be exact, it says this exact phrase:

1 Like

I’m not sure what Eminem has to do with this and I can’t even make a good guess as to where that confusion comes from. Like… huh?

But yeah, he sucks! I agree. He sounds like Ben Shapiro rapping and it’s weird how we’re supposed to pretend like he doesn’t sound like Ben Shapiro rapping.

I was talking about the etymology of ‘banger’ and how there are totally urban hip-hop youths who went on to become musicologists and etymologists who would edit a wikipedia page if needed. But even thinking otherwise, I retract calling that racism and it’s not even soft-bigotry… It’s just, the whole discussion is just weird. It’s like some serious ‘Mandela Effect’ stuff going on. There are obviously numerous other examples of hip-hop slang being adopted by the mainstream and applied widely, that nobody disputes.

Yeah, I dunno.

I can dig it. Honest truth, I saw your dog thread right after and wanted to delete my bullshit.

Dig you really submit Godspeed 6 times? Maybe delete if so. These are supposed to be anonymous.

Wat

He doesn’t actually suck but: