Walrus 13: UP HATES BANGERS Edition!!!

I’m not sure what Eminem has to do with this and I can’t even make a good guess as to where that confusion comes from. Like… huh?

But yeah, he sucks! I agree. He sounds like Ben Shapiro rapping and it’s weird how we’re supposed to pretend like he doesn’t sound like Ben Shapiro rapping.

I was talking about the etymology of ‘banger’ and how there are totally urban hip-hop youths who went on to become musicologists and etymologists who would edit a wikipedia page if needed. But even thinking otherwise, I retract calling that racism and it’s not even soft-bigotry… It’s just, the whole discussion is just weird. It’s like some serious ‘Mandela Effect’ stuff going on. There are obviously numerous other examples of hip-hop slang being adopted by the mainstream and applied widely, that nobody disputes.

Yeah, I dunno.

I can dig it. Honest truth, I saw your dog thread right after and wanted to delete my bullshit.

Dig you really submit Godspeed 6 times? Maybe delete if so. These are supposed to be anonymous.

Wat

He doesn’t actually suck but:

ok, submitted at last. i do not expect to win but weirder things have happened.

In this post I used to have a list of who had submitted but…

Edit - Maybe shouldn’t reveal who has submitted publicly for anonymous reasons. So I have 9 entries, and if I’ve seen your PM I have ‘liked’ it. Pretty sure I’ve not missed any.

1 Like

Edit - And in this post I said who was late. I’ll PM those people directly.

Edit 2 - PMs sent.

1 Like

Still an entry outstanding, but I’ve sent over category 1. If the late entry comes in I can send the extra song and then the rest in full and anonymity will still be INTACT.

Good luck all, and may the best person win. (Me, ldo!)

2 Likes

Tentative rough reveal schedule

1. Tuesday Evening
  2. Sometime Thursday
  3. Sometime Sunday
    4-6. TBD
4 Likes

Just FYI usually abandon this thread and start a new one for the reveal

1 Like

Is there a Walrus FAQ or rules page. First time player and I have no idea what happens after submit and reveal.

1 Like

Probably not following D1 with the debate on then.

Lots of whining.

1 Like

The scores are totaled for all categories and a winner is announced. Customarily, the host then sends the winner $10-100 for providing them with such exciting new music depending how much their world was rocked.

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

While we’re awaiting one late submission @pyatnitski shared with me the submissions for the first category only so anonymity can be maintained on the submissions of the late participant.

On first listen, I can tell you there is a very clear top half and bottom half separation in this first category.

2 Likes