Walrus 13: Reveal!!

In 7th place earning 5 points

King’s X - Cigarettes

Hadn’t heard this band or song before, but really just didn’t connect with this one as much as others. I’m guessing this was submitted due to me stating that I used to listen to a lot of hard rock, but I probably should have warned that that’s probably the hardest genre to submit something I will really like.

Somebody says “gimme isolation pandemic apocalypse music” and you’d better believe I’m giving a song with “I open up my wallet and it’s full of blood” in it.

2 Likes

So far:

11th @6ix
10th @pyatnitski
9th ?
8th @MysteryConman ?
7th ?

7 is rivaldo

2 Likes

In 6th place earning 6 points

Miles Davis - Generique

I’m assuming there’s about a 99.9% chance this is @FuncrusherPlus submission. A fantastic piece of music by a legend, that unfortunately just isn’t the type of music I care to listen to often.

1 Like

That was me. I wish I’d known prior to submissions that you didn’t prefer instrumental only music. I only listen to music with lyrics ~10% of the time.

3 Likes

Those of you left in the top 5 are once again the group whose submissions I really enjoyed!

3 Likes

So far:

11th @6ix
10th @pyatnitski
9th @cassette
8th @MysteryConman
7th @Rivaldo
6th @FuncrusherPlus

@R.C @MrWookie @Pauwl @m_hood115 @goofyballer

Final 5

1 Like

It’s a shame your listening range is so narrow.

Wow, a pretty bold and outside of the box pick. Like the song a lot, but I don’t think I could get myself to submit jazz for any of these categories.

2 Likes

clipping. is mine.

3 Likes

I think in music you’re the guy who likes to know all of the history behind something, what inspired it, how it was made, and how technically good is it. Where I just want to sit back and enjoy listening to something.

I totally get it though as I’m this way in other subjects. To give you an analogy, when I drink I enjoy a really good whiskey. I like knowing what went into it, the process behind making it, the aging, and tasting the complexity that that entire process has put into something. That’s you for music. In this scenario, I’m just the guy who wants to know how it tastes when I mix it with coke and if it’s gonna get me drunk.

There’s nothing wrong with either approach, but it leads us to different places.

1 Like

With @6ix going First to last, it would be pretty amazing for @R.C to also go last to first.

1 Like

That’s gotta be the most elite nodium of all time. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I disagree that it is an “outside of the box” pick based on category description. This track captures the essence of film noir perfectly.

In 5th place earning 7 points

Suicide - Dream Baby Dream

Cool song from the 70s with a synth/electronic rock sound. Sounds perfectly in place in the late 70s that it’s actually from and if I didn’t know any better could have easily fit in the early 2000s indie rock scene too. I will say I’m not a fan of songs like this that I feel like are pointlessly longer than they need to be. Clocking in at 6:25, it probably could have been half that length.

1 Like

This was originally a BANGER walrus, hosted by the guy who hosted the BANGER draft. Like, I didn’t crib his material too closely, as that isn’t really ethical and could backfire, but knowing the target is part of the game.

2 Likes

I learned that the hard way.

1 Like

Was this @Pauwl ?