Walrus 13: Reveal!!

Is it fair to say that you can twerk to non-banger songs but if you can’t twerk to it then it’s definitely not a banger?

I would’ve thought so but this reveal, uh, reveals it’s actually not ironic and meta like that.

Fuck, I should’ve posted this. I didn’t get my entries in until last minute because I couldn’t think of any good ideas, and now that the thing is going on, I’m remembering songs that would have been better submissions.

I don’t see anything ironic in what I said?

Ironic in the sense that Meb doesn’t actually like all of them and is just vibing on what Tom might like.

1 Like

p.s.

1 Like

The true answer to that question is that I actually like Pitbull. He is literally the King of bangers! I definitely do play up how much I like Pitbull in a slightly satirical manner.

I can’t imagine anyone listening to these and not being in a good mood.

1 Like

Alot of dubstep and trap beats have bpms that are arbitrary in nature. They might technically be 160 bpm but they play in halftime.

Gotcha. I probably would have come up with a better answer if “BPM” was a more clear criterion, because that is important to my conception of a banger too. (Ref. Other Site’s “Bangers Draft” when low-BPM “Party in the USA” went #1 and everyone else raved over it.)

More generally, a banger is what most people might think of as a club song, although not all bangers are club songs and not all club songs are bangers. It should make you feel like you’re listening to a banger at the club, though-- high energy, fun and exciting, going to the dance floor, etc.

Right, that’s what I was getting at.

And, 160 is also “slow” enough that people who don’t hear it at half-time can still vibe to it.

i dig the bromance brewing here

I’ve legitimately enjoyed every Pitbull track I’ve heard. Which might only be 2 or 3, but still.

That’s what makes it interesting imo. If it was “Pitbull objectively sucks, you’re obv joking” that’d be boring.

Meb said for everbody to love everbody.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

wait

banger or no:

banger or no:

yeah the irony involved is so 2020 right?

1 Like

Like,

despite the making-of vid literally being named this,

I would’ve said it’s not a banger, though I really like it, but apparently it is a banger?

I got Ke$ha’s hook in Timber as lame enough to ruin the whole song, even if Pitbull’s portion is pretty bangin’.

Lame is the new banging after enough meta levels of irony but you have to hack through a jungle to get there.

1 Like