Walrus 12: The Reveal!

You never heard of Jim Croce or this song? I like back all the nice things I said and now I feel better.

2 Likes

lmao, 8 minute turnaround time

1 Like

Yeah sometimes I read these threads and comment in real time when no one is paying attention. Usually I only amuse myself.

I really enjoyed category 2 except I think the DJ Shadow song was way overrated and goofy’s song deserved better.

1 Like

Maybe you’ll get second to last by one point!

That Suicide submission was the tits but yeah not necessarily calming.

1 Like

Sorry everyone. A half hour delay is necessary as some life things have interrupted my morning. 10:30am start.

Probably finishing last in the rest of the categories.

Everyone can read my comments on category 2 to prepare.

These were really really tough to rank. I tried to take into account the song on its own, the performance, the mix (sorry, but I’m a snob like that), and the crowd reaction if there was one. No points docked for no crowd, but it was possible to lose or gain points on account of the crowd.

Let’s goooooo

1 Like

1 Like

@R.C.
@superuberbob
@Yuv
@CanadaMatt3004
@pyatnitski
@TheDuker
@Pauwl
@goofyballer
@SwankyWilder
@anon92450360

@seities

1 Like

uh-oh :scream:

1 Like

Category 3: A live performance. A youtube link is probably best here.

Overall, these were a lot of fun. Let’s start by crushing someone’s dreams.

No Bagel! No Bagel! No Bagel!

edit: Not expecting last place, but maybe

Oh man, I wan’t this to happen so bad

In 11th place with 1 point - Future Islands - Seasons (The Late Show with David Letterman, 3/13/14)

I’m a sucker for Late Show performances as they almost always have great sound, good lighting, and you can usually tell Dave’s honest reaction – whether that’s enthusiasm or concern for The Kids These Days. Dave liked this one. It didn’t do much for me. Some serious Phil Collins vibes, for better or worse.

3 Likes

Oh I see, you just have bad taste.

4 Likes

As promised, dreams have been crushed!

1 Like

I tried to do something a little different, at least. I’ll be pretty annoyed when like Jimi Hendrix playing “The Star-Spangled Banner” gets #1.

4 Likes