Walrus 12: The Reveal!

didnt give it to much thought tbh. I used to listen to that album a bit and it’s the closest i could think of to ‘calming’ music.

I just assume any time I’m not picked as the winner that the flaw lies with the judge.

4 Likes

This was mine

1 Like

I’m fighting for that last place

Pretty confident at this point

Seems like a generous review, I have to say.

I confirmed I wasn’t mad and that that Suicide song is also a version of Louie Louie, which made me remember hearing about this. Maybe we could do a Louie Louie Walrus one time.

Twenty-four years ago, there was a crazy LOUIE LOUIE marathon that attempted to break all world records. For six months, there was a serious effort by college radio station KFJC to track down every known version of the song.

When it was over, 63 hours after it began, there were over 800 unique versions of LOUIE LOUIE.

1 Like

Holy Fuck! My mind is blown

I’ve been listening to that song for 40 years and had no idea

If you don’t find Everybody Hurts calming you might want to ask your doctor about lithium

1 Like

Well, I say ‘confirmed’, it’s on French wikipedia as a song inspired by it. Impeccable sourcing! You can definitely sing Louie Louie along to it.

Here’s a fun version by one of your old mates.

1 Like

Damn you - I’ve now been listening to different versions of Louie Louie for two straight hours

3 Likes

Yep, let’s meet here at 10am tomorrow. PACIFIC STANDARD TIME. I’M LOOKING AT YOU, CANADAMATT. LIVE PERFORMANCES UP NEXT!

And I don’t know what this says about all of you or what you think of me, but we’ve got 7, 8, 9, and 21 minute tracks in this next batch, so strap in.

1 Like

Let’s fucking goooooooooo

I may or may not have submitted one of those songs

Holy shit 21 minutes represents some extreme confidence in your selection. Respect.

I think I try to cap submissions at 5-6 minutes except for extreme circumstances. Seems like a high risk of irritating your captive audience.

As a teaser, here’s what I would have submitted to this category.

Confidently expecting and relishing a nodium in this one

1 Like

I just want it on record that knowing cassette is a jazz skeptic eliminated about 95% of the youtube music stuff I watch. Still submitted something astounding, obviously.

1 Like

Only track I’ve listened to in the category and it probably would’ve podiumed for me, FWIW. Maybe it’s the gamer in us.

Can’t believe I’m going to have to defend cassette, one of my many archnemeses, even if I don’t really agree with his judging in general. He’s putting in work to defend your garbage submissions!

(they’ve mostly been fine tbh, although I agree kind of boring up to where I’m at. The leavv song was absolutely DVD menu music).