Walrus 11thish (Pauwl's) - Sign Up Thread

Wait until they all come in I guess. Don’t want to get sued for illegal bidding practice :yum:. If you could send them in separate PMs by category that would be ideal.

No worries. Will do.

1 Like

so just to reiterate, we will send entries to KONY, yes?

Correct.

I’m going to rail unless you need more entries.

Just wanted to add that this is multiple times now KONY has offered to receive and disseminate entries, even though I rarely see them enter a Walrus themselves.

I tip my hat to you sir.

2 Likes

I might get marked down on the familiarity scale in the first category because I have a feeling anything I pick is something Pauwl will know well, even deep tracks and B-sides, heh

1 Like

Go full DJ Icey

Submitted my replies. I don’t know the judge’s tastes, but I think I have some good and thoughtful selections.

I will be annoyed if afterward it turns out a couple of my backup selections would have done better. Seems inevitable tbh.

Just a reminder to please use this format. There’s a good chance some of your video links won’t work due to copyright laws in my country being too lax or some shit. I might have to find a video that works for me. I’ll submit both in the end.

LOL, crap, editing now.

There’s was no rush. The entries are due by Sunday.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d just already submitted because I don’t like to overthink my answers. Especially without really knowing much about your tastes beyond the guidelines you’ve offered.

If the link doesn’t work maybe you could tell KONY and he can arrange for a new submission? I don’t want to lose points because you Google a radio edit or some ish :relaxed:

Since we have some newcomers, I added another note to the OP.

“As always, overly familiar songs will be down graded. This is mostly applied to popular/well-known music. Don’t enter stuff like Celine Dion, My heart will go on. Everybody knows that song and I do too but not by choice. Or like some greatest hit song from a huge band that everybody knows. Boring, don’t do it.”

If @King_of_NY is ok with that. I don’t want to put too much work on him. He’s already doing me a huge favor.

Is there still space? This one sounds like fun. If so I’m in.

1 Like

Heh, I’m glad you added this disclaimer because the greatest song of all time, and the one I was going to placate you with, is a gigantic hit from a huge band. Welp.

submitted. I had to host a 100-person zoom meeting tonight, so this was a nice way to unwind.

Yeah I mean also feel free to not do this. Not a big deal.

You could also put the version you intended in the title like:

Lady Gaga - Born this Way (Album Edition)
or
Rod and Todd Flanders - I got that joy joy joy joy down in my heart (DJ Hi-Tec Remix)

3 Likes