Walrus 11thish (Pauwl's) - Reveal Thread

uh oh

2 Likes

I hope the audience at least were wearing masks.

Iā€™m on a ventilator.

I enjoy classical music like that when I hear but I would basically never choose to play it by my own volition, maybe a leak.

Itā€™s so long since I saw koyaanisqatsi I canā€™t remember if this is similar or very different. I loved it though.

I scanned that as being youā€™d never play it on your own violin but on a leek.

This is a violin concerto thatā€™s more of his normal structured music. Koyaanisqatsi is even more creepy and repetitive. Itā€™s beautiful.

If Pauwl likes music played on leeks I am golden in this walrus

Watching a recently discovered film of The Who live at Kilburn, 1977.

What
A
Band

Hereā€™s one I would have submitted as a yout.

1 Like

Ok, enough of my proselytizing. On with the butt hurt.

jalfrezi,

2 Likes

Half expected

In 14th place with 1 point

Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Doctor Dark

" From the now out of print masterpiece Lick My Decals Off, Baby. I love some classic rock and some music with experimental tendencies, which this is.

The band play in different time signatures before joining up back again, then repeat, so it takes a few listens before the different melodies and rhythms become clear, which puts most people off, but surprisingly it reached number 20 in the UK album charts.

The most accurate description of CBā€™s music Iā€™ve heard is cubist jazz/rock."

Review

Iā€™ve tried to get into Captain Beefheart in the past. And tried again since theyā€™ve been featured in past walruses. I tried but couldnā€™t get past the vocals. Iā€™ve never really liked Howlin Wolf, who theyā€™re based on, or Bukka White to a lesser extent. I know heā€™s not, but to me, it sounds like heā€™s screwing around mocking Howlin Wolf. And Iā€™m not a fan of jazz rock, which this somewhat resembles with its improvisational sound. Repeated listens helped a little and I checked out the rest of the album. One Red Rose That I Mean is decent ( instrumental song ). This is my musical cilantro.

Willie the Pimp would have landed much higher.

4 Likes

Oh dear.

1 Like

Rip goatinski. Hey @seities come hang!

Edit: Oh wait was this a jalfrezi jam? So far this song is actually kinda fun, not that Iā€™d ever listen to it again.

1 Like

Fair enough, no more walrus Beefheart ever again.

3 Likes

On a side note, I subscribe to a channel on youtube called ā€œCaptain Beefartā€ that has a Trout Mask Replica profile picture.

I didnt get last!

Dance of Joy!

4 Likes

Just listening to it again now.

Walrus confirmed in error.

Please continue.

1 Like

Hahaha

1 Like