Walrus 11thish (Pauwl's) - Reveal Thread

So the Walrus is ready to begin. We have 14 entrants for 5 categories.

This thread will involve happiness, anguish and everything in between.

You all know the rules.

So it goes.

6 Likes

In for the rail.

2 Likes

In to discuss my repeated last place finishes, although I’m curious to see what Pauwl thought of my first net.

1 Like

In for the jump.

1 Like

4 Likes

Can I make it four in a row and continue my 100% record of coming second by 1 point. Feeling the pressure

3 Likes

3 Likes

Dang, I should have submitted Madonna. Didn’t realize until just now that she is my favorite.

1 Like

Wait, really? You’ve been second by one point four times in a row??

I’ve been in three and come second by one point each time

You’re coping remarkably well with it - a lesser man would’ve been crushed to pieces.

2 Likes

Wow.

I think we can take Swanky’s results as the long awaited proof that we live in a simulation.

1 Like

@pyatnitski
@CanadaMatt3004
@superuberbob
@R.C
@LikeClockwork
@FuncrusherPlus
@skydiver8

2 Likes

I like the idea that Pauwl is going to tell us whose world view is terrible and why the thing that makes you uncomfortable is stupid.

5 Likes

I can’t even handle one of my choices finishing behind the odious Sting.

1 Like

Also, as Rivaldo once did to me, why your favourite band is shit.

1 Like

@cassette
@Yuv
@outdrawed
@mjiggy
@Habsfan09
@Jalfrezi
@SwankyWilder

Our fallen brother @suzzer99

2 Likes

This thing tilts me much more than online poker ever managed to.

2 Likes

1 - A song from one of your favorite artists .
Teach me about the music you are all about and why it is your favorite.

So my intention with this category was to give you what I thought would be an easy one to start and a chance to share what you really like without having to worry whether others would like it. For myself, I was hoping to understand how other people think about music for themselves. Also, I wanted to learn about genres that I don’t know or genres that I currently don’t listen to that I just wrote off and never gave a fair chance to.

With regards to scoring I said for the 1st three categories it would be scored more on category fit than my taste. That’s kinda hard with picking one of your favorite artists, because how do I rate who picked their favoritest artist/song. I tried to give more credit if you taught me about a genre that I don’t normally listen to, but in the end my taste in music somewhat dominated. So it goes.

I didn’t dislike any of these entries on the initial play-through, which is very rare for me. Good jerb!

No inhibitions about whether anyone would like what I submit, I would have entered this:

pyatnitski said of a song in the grab bag walrus " A boot stamping on a human face forever, but, you know, in a good way ." I would say a sharp blade slicing your skin again and again, but in a good way. I skipped to the prelude before the 4th movement. You get this sad solo violin song to start, then the orchestra kicks in and the movement begins. I get such a sense of overwhelming dread from the orchestra and then the violin is screaming. It’s dramatic and strange. I absolutely love it.

3 Likes