Video Games

About 90% done Lies of P on PS5. A really good Soulsborne mimic. Even makes references to Dark Souls and Bloodborne in the game. Very enjoyable.

October is nuts for new games.

Assassin’s Creed Mirage
Ghost Runner 2
Lords of the Fallen
Spiderman 2
Alan Wake 2

I still need to get the Cyberpunk and RE4 DLCs

RE4 Separate Ways is a blast if you enjoyed the main game.

Don’t forget Super Mario Wonder

1 Like

Picked up Starfield, thinking I’d play through once then wait for modders to make it great, a la Skyrim.

After putzing around in game for 10 hours or so, I can tell you this game will not be good for my ADHD combined with my obsessive need to uncover/visit every unknown waypoint on the map.

Why, you ask? because it would take me literal years to do it in this game. There are thousands of planets to scan, they all have stuff on them to explore. Yes, I know it’s procedurally generated but that doesn’t matter. For me, a marker on the map that says “Unknown Structure” means I must go to it and make it known, even if it’s another “Abandoned Comms Station” or somesuch.

In games like Skyrim or Witcher 3, this was fine because the number of these things was finite. In Starfield? uhhhh…I’m gonna have to take my Adderall to play this game/stick to quests, and I’m trying to ration it!

2 Likes

There are too many other good games out there to be wasting your adderall on a very mediocre game.

This released today. Reviews seem mixed - it’s up my alley but I may wait a bit.

Ill check it out since its on game pass. Reminds me a bit of Empire of Sin, which had a great 20’s xcomesque concept but just didnt deliver. Hope this isnt the same way.

Or, ya know, Firaxis can just give us fucking Xcom3. Any day now!

1 Like

There are some books in Gortash’s room that are giving me serious doubts

I have all three netherstones, but I’m still missing a piec of Dribbles. I think it’s the foot :foot:

may not have been the best timing to release a new assassins creed. Arabic assassin game, uh no thanks I’m good

1 Like

I am excite

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1712545688914112673

After 200 hours, I finished my first play through of BG3. Overall, it’s an amazing game, although the final act and ending didn’t work as well for me as the first two parts. It was also buggy, crashing several times and other times having some quest bugs (never got final romance scene with Shadowheart even though she refers to us sleeping together at the end of the game).

The only really major content I didn’t do was everything in the Wyrmway because I didn’t save Wyll’s dad at the Iron Throne. At the time I was focused on saving the Gondians so I could blow up the foundry.

As for the ending, I freed Orpheus partly because I didn’t trust the emperor and partly because it seems like the optional quest to get the hammer (which is some of the best content in the game) should lead to a big payoff. I was happy enough with how things turned out. Reading about other endings, though, it seems like it doesn’t make much difference whether you side with Orpheus or the emperor, aside from completing Lae’zel’s quest line.

1 Like

Greedfall is a terrible game, can’t believe it has some good reviews. $20 for PS4 not worth it IMO.

:vince:

3 Likes

https://x.com/_TechJess/status/1714872186195136857?s=20

3 Likes

Haven’t played it too much, but Wonder is pretty fun so far. It reminds me more of SMB and SMB3 than SMW. My son has been playing with me, asking “how did you know how to do that?”

Me:

7 Likes

By far the game I’ve played the most in the last decade is Path of Exile. It’s on its own level imo. After about 30 major updates it’s not easy to know a whole lot without a good 500 hours of experience. It’s a game where you regularly learn someone did something with a build or farming strategy and are impressed by their knowledge or creativity. Not a casual game, even if it looks like it.

1 Like

So my rating for Super Mario Wonder 7/10

But I want to give a few caveats for that. I played it on the switch lite. It needs to be played on the regular switch on a big tv with a good sound system. Do that and it I would raise my grade by a point or a point and a half. Also if you have a kid that you wants to play a 2d Mario game with you, I would also raise the grade by another point.

While the game was fun and a good spectacle, I wish it was longer and the endgame was more difficult.

This has a chance to be the next big team-based FPS. My son and I played the closed beta and it was fun. Looks fantastic, fast paced, lots of destructible environment pieces.

Teams are three players each (four teams, I think?). Instead of trying to get the most kills or being the last team standing, you are competing over money in vaults (as in safes, not big bank vaults). The vault spawns somewhere on the map, you have to grab it and then take it to another location to cash out. It takes a while to cash out, sort of like capturing a point, so you have to defend it. Other teams can steal it from you at any point. Most cash when the gametime runs out wins.

There are three classes of players: light, medium, and heavy - you can guess what goes into each, though there are certainly some unique elements. For instance, the heavy can use an ability to crash through walls.

I was terrible at the game, but it was very fun and just felt and looked really satisfying.

Just finished Alan Wake 2. Pretty good mind fuck game. I really enjoyed it.

Ending sucked

1 Like