Video Games

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1653836786794111004?t=XP4DmDjbmsCr_9lPnKBRHA&s=19

2 Likes

Btw, there are essentially full spoilers for Tears of the Kingdom in the wild. I have not ready any story stuff but I have picked up a few gameplay spoilers.

Without giving anything away, these things Ive learned now have me more excited for this than any other game I can remember.

I wonder what Zelda Fitzgerald would think knowing her legacy lives on through a series of video games.

1 Like

Oh no Link beats [insert enemy here 50% to be Ganon] using Zeldaā€™s help during a pivotal cutscene.

Actually this is probably wrong since usually the offbeat games like Linkā€™s Awakening and Majoraā€™s Mask have a little bit of a different bent.

2 Likes
1 Like

Guhā€¦ I know Iā€™ll give up after ~10 hours - especially with D4 coming out. I need to resist buying this.

1 Like

quick 1 hour impression of Tears of the Kingdom

It does look mostly to be a solidly upgraded version of Breath of the Wildā€¦which for me Iā€™m all inā€¦

2 Likes

Love showing up at Best Buy with all the other nerds picking up Zelda

2 Likes

Lol.

Itā€™s taking me over an hour to download wtf.

1 Like

On my way to GameStop in hopes they arenā€™t out

2 Likes

People still buy stuff from Gamestop? Dang, I knew I should have bought their stock.

1 Like

Closest store to me and Iā€™m in a city where driving is super bad. Would not use me as a data point.

This game is pretty fucking cool. Having a blast so far.

One thing that blows my mind is that a game of this scope is only 16GB, where something like Modern Warfare is over 200. The amount they are able to pack into 16 GB is absolutely insane.

I get that the graphics arent comparable, but some games being 10X the size with like 1/4 of available things to do doesnt make any sense to me.

Itā€™s taking forever since they are trying to upsell everyone

Wow the voice actor for Link is great, I really love his enunciation.

Holy shit never going here again. So uncomfortable

1 Like

Shouldā€™ve preordered, it would have downloaded itself for you a week ago.

1 Like

So the heinous act of, checks notes, going into your girlfriendā€™s dadā€™s houseā€™s basement immediately destroys the master sword, destroys 17 hearts and 2/3rds of your stamina wheel, banishes zelda, unleashes an ancient evil, and virtually destroys all of Hyrule. OK.

2 Likes

Your tree branch is badly damaged.

Did not, repeat, did not miss that after 5+ years.

1 Like