Video Games

First 5-10 games I think are primarily made up of bots.

1 Like

Makes sense - I am not good at shooters.

Yeah, from what I understand, itā€™s lots of bots early on. In my first win, I had 11 kills and IIRC correctly, when watching the replay, I determined 6-7 were bots (I had to do a little research to understand how to spot one - itā€™s much more obvious in build mode versus non-build).

1 Like

Ever wondered what the world would look like if Italy had never joined up with Germany before WWII? Well now you donā€™t have to!

2 Likes

IGN Japan had a huge leak of Tears of the Kingdom stuff, so you may want to stay off the internet for a couple weeks.

1 Like

Gameplay embargos on select gameplay areas broke today.

It looks fucking incredible. Its been a long time since Ive anticipated a game quite like this

1 Like

Fuckin A man

Iā€™m the exact oppositeā€¦ BOTW felt like a chore to me. Wasnā€™t even planning to pick this one up, but TBD I guess. I just donā€™t have the consistent time and energy to put into these games anymore. Iā€™d rather dump a bunch of mindless hours into D4 and not feel completely lost if I donā€™t have time to play for a couple of weeks.

Thats how I feel with Souls games. I just cant get into them

I feel that way about a lot of open world games. Exploring open worlds in theory seems like a lot of fun but what you actually get is a bunch of repetitive missions. Iā€™ve found in general I would much rather play a more linear Uncharted type game than an open world mission based game.

I think the last open world game with missions that I really liked was Spider-Man remastered. I found the combat in that game to be super fun so some repetitive missons didnā€™t bother me as much.

Elden Ring is incredible. I normally donā€™t like ā€œopen worldā€ games like that, but itā€™s insanely good and deserves all the awards itā€™s gotten.

The other ā€œopen worldā€ game that really grabbed me (I put it in quotes because they do have boundaries and end goals) was Subnautica. I usually hate vague games where you just explore and figure things out, but it blew me away.

3 Likes

Jedi Survivor release date is tomorrow and all reports seem to indicate itā€™s really poorly optimized. Itā€™s the trend these days for developers to release broken, poorly optimized games.

1 Like

One way I de-stressed during the early days of the pandemic was to listen to podcasts and play Subnautica on the easy level just dicking around. Itā€™s actually more fun to forget about the survival stuff and just build underwater houses that look cool. Green Hell is another game worth checking out.

My PS1 just got a chub.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1651977065774686209

1 Like

Brief story:

Ocarina of Time came out when I was living in the freshman dorms. I loved it.

A buddy of time hopped on and played my save game while I was at class. I came back and he nonchalantly said ā€œOh, I beat the Shadow Temple for you.ā€ He said it like Iā€™d appreciate him doing it. I hadnā€™t even played it, it wasnā€™t like I was stuck on it.

Might be the angriest Iā€™ve ever been. I never touched the game again.

I guess thereā€™s ways I can play it on PC.

3 Likes

This will probably suck but Iā€™m in.

:stabby:

5 Likes

I want to see the character thatā€™s just a dude attached to two massive wheels.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I realize I am years behind the curve but I hadnā€™t played a first person shooter since probably Battlefield 1942 and have played too much Fortnite over the last 10 days. I had no idea there was so much stuff in this game. Makes more sense now how it prints money.

They added some Star Wars stuff yesterday and using Darth Maulā€™s lightsaber to crush some sadsack with force-thrown rocks is addictive.

1 Like