Video Games

I’ll wait for a steam sale

1 Like

That seems like entirely too much for a developer that has what… 1 game?

To be fair, it’s a pretty big game. The developer of PUBG only has one game, and their value is close to $20 billion.

Sifu getting unexpectedly great reviews looks like a fantastic game for roguelike and souls people gonna pick it up when I get home.

1 Like

What are y’all gonna play in Lost Ark?

Hadn’t heard about this game. Sounds awesome but maybe also frustratingly problematic, from the few reviews I’ve read. EDIT: The more I read about it the more I want it, thanks for the heads up, let us know if you get it.

I know we have a few Dark Souls/Sekiro players in here; anyone ever play the Nioh games? Got it for free a while back, finally tried it out and so far it’s kind of awesome. Has a Soulsbourne feel to the combat but rewards aggressiveness more and the level design is excellent. They also threw in a Diablo-style loot system which can be overwhelming at time but also rewards the player with constant positive feedback. I’m still super early but first game I’ve actively looked forward to playing in a while.

Playing another childhood goal, but I mean as close as I can get without dealing with the FF7 port’s horrible graphics

So far not bad. I could see how this would be amazing my friends growing up. World building is good. I kind of miss the JRPG menu turn based fights though.

2 Likes

I was combing through my Humble Choice subscription, as I usually don’t take the time to choose the games every month and came across BPM: Bullets Per Minute. Holy shit, this game is hard.

It’s a first-person shooter roguelike with a sort of DOOM-like feel (you’re a valkyrie fighting monsters) and an interesting art style. But the hook is that you have to shoot, reload, dodge, etc. to the beat of the music. You literally can’t shoot if it’s not in rhythm.

It’s a really neat concept and immensely satisfying if you get on a roll. The music is really good, too. It’s just crazy difficult. It took me a long time just to get past the first level and I still haven’t cleared an entire dungeon. I’ve had 30+ runs so far.

If you’re into this niche genre, there’s a dungeon crawly version with swords and shields instead of guns called Crypt of the NecroDancer that’s really good. They also made a spin off version within the Zelda universe that I haven’t tried but seems to be the same gist.

1 Like

Looks like CKIII just released its first DLC - Royal Court. Looks cool, but for some reason it basically nuked the game I was playing (control in every county reduced to zero so I’m losing money and ruler’s health immediately changed to “At Death’s Door” and he died within a few months, so situation got even worse).

I downloaded Sifu on my laptop and it’s pretty fun so far despite the fact that the combat system is really tough using a keyboard. I think with a controller it would be awesome.

I’m a couple in and I suck hard at it, not getting the combat at all. Time to watch videos or something :expressionless:

I made it to the second level, but I was so old that I couldn’t progress very far, so I started a new game and am proceeding more carefully.

I’d say I’ve got the basics down, but I’m having a hard time effectively working in special/more advanced moves because the keyboard configuration is too tough for me. I assume it would be a lot easier/more intuitive with a controller.

Oh wow, Observer: System Redux on the PS5 is a masterclass in worldbuilding and atmospherics. Almost more of a visual novel than an game, one of the best psychedelic sci-fi things I’ve seen in a while.

1 Like

Come play EVE with meeeee

1 Like

I played it on PS4. Mainly got it for Rutger Hauer and found it disappointing other than the hacking into people’s minds dream parts.

I don’t think I’ll ever replay it. Call of Cthulhu on the the other hand…

Totally different in just about every way.

I wouldn’t recommend Oserver for everyone, it’s more of a point and click adventure game. Still, I’m impressed how an indie studio really nailed the cyberpunk aesthetic in a very convincing way. I’m probably going to check out The Medium when it’s on discount.

Yeah really not loving Sifu. 2nd boss sapping my fun here where you need to a specific move on ~50ms reaction or you eat damage and there’s no way around it. I’m old damnit. Big miss right now I’ll give it a couple more days though.