Video Games

Yeah, I wasnt great with keyboard, really like the controller controls though

1 Like

My go to weapons were the shield and gauntlets

Iā€™ve got a friend whoā€™s go to weapon was bow. My go to weapon is gun.

That right there is a reason why I love the game.

god so tempted to rebuy hades for ps5 but I have 140 hours in the pc version and all trophies so not sure how much I want to sit through a lot of it again, will think about it.

Lol those are my least favorite. Spear and sword all the way

My wife tore through Boyfriend Dungeon in about two days. Plays kinda like a Hades for beginners.

1 Like

I loled that it was your wife playing

wooooow D2 resurrected is literally a graphical but zero, not one single code update at all. You have to drag and drop items to sell them or stash them, canā€™t right click, have to manually manage potions and suck them down constantly, have to then drag and drop them to your belt, half of your shots/spells miss because of bad network code, all of this 1998 stuff.

No overall map, no way to see where your corpse is (lol) if you die, zero quality of life improvements other than ā€œauto pick up gold as you walk over itā€. And its not even really very good looking graphically! lmao. Who sold them on this project? No one is going to buy this. Canā€™t wait to see the reviews.

1 Like

Blizzard really hasnā€™t been shit the last few years.

shrug Iā€™m enjoying it so far

yeah half of this is probably my fault for making my nth frozen orb build that doesnā€™t start getting fun until ~40 hours in

1 Like

Super, super disappointing. Are they adding a bunch of content at least? Or is it behind free mods from 15 years ago?

I recently went through some SoulsBorne games at the recommendation of this thread. All for PS4 cuz I canā€™t get a PS5 where I live. It went like this:

Bloodborne (Cool)
Dark Souls Remastered (Good)
Dark Souls 3 (Better)
God of War (souls break, super fun)
Dark Souls 2 Scholar Of The First Sin (Garbage)

DS2 Scholar was a frustrating mess. I did not enjoy it nearly as much as the others. I gave up on 2 of the DLCs and just finished the main game last night.

I honestly feel like this entire project is just someone applying some ā€œAIā€ to the graphics and turning them from hand drawn to pixel/vectorized Unity or whatever stuff, and pooping it out there as a ā€œnew gameā€ with a 40 dollar price tag.

Iā€™m replaying D2:SOTFS right now, there are ~6 bosses Iā€™ve never beaten. Itā€™s just wild how rough it is to play that game compared to the rest of them.

Just finished the second map/level of Thronebreaker. When I first encountered the Scoiaā€™tael they seemed invincivlble so I cleared the other battles and puzzles first to improve my deck.
Rayla and Regiment Drummers recharged by Xavier Lemmens and then again with Reynard Odo let me fill my side of the board quickly. Strays Bombers were good for a lot of damage. With that it became much easier.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, I think I gave that game a thumbs up earlier in the thread. I must be the only person who likes that game. Its not as good as Demons, DS1, DS3 and Bloodborne, but I still think its excellent. I have no issue using NPC summons on bosses, so maybe thatā€™s why I didnā€™t think it was harder than the others.

Horsefuck valley (end of DS2 winter DLC) might be the worst content in souls history. And itā€™s not even close in my opinion

I gave up on that after getting killed by lightening unicorns repeatedly. There was no bonfire in that region either. Iā€™m not going through all that to die at the boss and have to start over. I never even got to the boss once.

Other regions in DLCs, I got to the boss, but from the bonfire, it would be this big gauntlet of enemies to get to the boss mist that after repeating enough times, Iā€™m like ā€œIā€™m not fuckinā€™ going through all that shit againā€ and just gave up.

Seeing this without understanding that it was in context to DS2 and only that it was in the video game thread made my mind wander to some weird places.