Video Games

I played to mid level in alpha and logged in to create a beta character but haven’t played at all really other than first few levels. The movement and combat is a lot smoother than alpha. Since you need to be higher levels to do the wars and pvp invasions or whatever I’ve never experienced that yet. I’m not going to have time to level during beta but will play at launch. It’s got mixed reviews I’d say. A lot of people didn’t like it last summer and a lot of people loved it. I’m interested to see how the pvp ends up.

1 Like

It’s not how it sounds. You play through the story again but as a different character with different abilities etc. While some of the scenes overlap from one playthrough to the next, it is absolutely a pretty fresh experience each time. Also each time was shorter than the previous. I had no idea what was happening when I beat it the first time and was quite pleased when it became clear the second playthrough would be a different experience. Highly recommend.

2 Likes

lol.

I don’t play any beta or early access games any more, finish your shit and I’ll check it out maybe.

I play on a 1070 ti and was getting 70 fps in beginner area for this beta if that helps. They have a fix for the card issue in settings. At least they held off release for a year because last summer it definitely wasn’t ready.

Am I the only one that finds it kind of funny these people overpaid a ton for their 3090s and they are bricking? I’d be pissed if it was me but I’m not paying those prices anyway.

Super helpful and I didn’t realize - if the first playthrough isn’t too long I’ll probably jump straight back in.

1 Like

I feel betrayed by all of your optimism about the second Nier playthrough. Seems completely tedious and not something I have much interest in completing.

Splitgate is the most fun FPS I’ve played in years.

Hearts of Iron IV is available at HumbleBundle for 1€. If you pay 15€ you also get several DLCs.

@CanadaMatt3004

What a good time, man. Thanks for the recommendation. The final boss was one of the most fun experiences I’ve had in a game. The one negative is that I can’t fully 100% the game because of bugs in the Switch version (Arena in particular is very broken). I’d highly recommend Crosscode to fans of JRPG-inspired action games like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, but get the PC version.

2 Likes

Awesome!

For some extra awesomeness, they just announced that the DLC hits consoles August 5!

1 Like

@Trolly just finished Hitman 2. First thought is it was more of the same stuff from 1 that I loved but I didn’t like a couple of the levels and I hate the final one. I think the replyability might be lower. I tried to play the Ark Society after a sloppy first completion and I hate it can’t do it.

So you know if there’s any way to get all my stats from 1 loaded in this one? When I go to 1 in the main menu it says I haven’t done any of them

1 Like

No idea, unfortunately.

If you or others play at launch lmk. My guild members from Warhammer and Aion and Rift etc are gone. Game is going to need some teamwork from what I’ve seen from closed beta groups. My neighbor might play. I wish I took advantage of alpha and knew the best shit and best leveling right away but shit is always going on lately lol.

I have 2 Crowfall accounts too which just launched. Barely played the betas of that just like New World alpha but am going to check out the keep sieges.

Pre launch they had time gated skills which were very important so 2 accounts was definitely going to be necessary. Then this spring they scrapped the time gated stuff so when I created characters it was completely different than last time I played.

Keep sieges are my favorite PVP in MMOs so will at least level up and try it out.

Free on Epic:

A Plague Tale: Innocence
Minit

1 Like

So I did a run as the Otto-mans, first takeoff over most of Greece and Turkey. Then I tried chilling out and experimenting with the trade and colonization mechanics since those are new to me. Things went pretty well until ~all of Eastern Europe got pissed at me for some reason and invaded just as my colony in Brazil was starting up. I wanna give it another shot just focusing on taking over the Mediterranean Sea trade.

Now I’m playing as the Aztecs with the El Dorado DLC. The doom mechanic is tricky at first but it’s a fun change of pace now that I’ve got the hang of it.

1 Like

Minit is a lot of fun.

If you’re gonna colonize as Ottomans, you want to go to SEA and conquest your way towards India. You can’t get new world trade back to Constantinople and Malacca is juicier anyways. Plus Ottos have plenty of spare troops to genocide the extremely uppity SEA natives for faster colonization or a +goods produced modifier.

I just got to Anor Londo in Dark Souls. What an masterpiece of a setting.

4 Likes

Truly amazing.

I think I died at the first part of that level no fewer than 100 times

1 Like