US Kills Soleimani in Airstrike

How did killing random Ukrainian civilians benefit Russia?

18 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobertDeNiroUS/status/1214714191724077062

2 Likes

Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Thatā€™s one way of saying theocratic religious fanatics. I do not claim it is likely Iran might use a nuke but however small that chance is it is still too high given the stakes.

But the bulk of passengers were Iranians and even many passengers listed from other countries were from Iranian descent.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1215359506969956352

Seems it being shot down accidentally is the most plausible story.

I agree that it is a decent read. Two point though:

I am gonna stop you right there. I also do not get my views from Tony Blair, Newt Gingrich or unnamed Israeli officials.

To consider this evidence for anything is laughable considering that Iran is meddling in at least half a dozen countries right this minute.

cf.

Yet somehow some of these men (and women) were slaves.

A ukrainian plane gets shot down by a russian missile is automatically assumed to be an accident. Of all the conspiracy theories people donā€™t immediately jump on.

I donā€™t see any motivation of benefit of shooting the plan down; accidentally shooting down the plane seems the most logical scenario. Thanks Trump!

2 Likes

yeah thereā€™s no upside for Iran to shoot this plane down. itā€™s either (99%) a huge mistake (thanks to Trump for ratcheting up the tension) or (0.001%) a qanon false flag operation.

1 Like

THEY KILLED 700 OF OUR SOLDIERS IN IRAQ. THATā€™S TERRORISM.

I donā€™t give any weight to what our government claims here.

Iā€™m pretty surprised itā€™s looking like the plane was shot down. Chris called it right away. I would have lost money on that bet for sure.

This will only be like the third passenger plane ever shot down I think.

Super ridiculous they didnā€™t lock down their air space after they launched their missiles. Can anyone think of a reason why? Only think I can think of is some hope that America would fuck up and take out a plane or some shit but that seems super, super unlikely.

damnit I was just about to post that Vic0ar is gonna hit you with " FaKe NeWs! "

Been giving off those vibes lately.

2 Likes

My prime minister and that of the UK both confirmed it. What are you going in about?

1 Like

I think most of us here share those sentiments with you to a degree. But in this specific case even ignoring the reporting and just going off of logic and analyzing the circumstances its still 90% likely that is what happened.

The plane that crashed has the safest flying record of any commercial jet. It crashed right after takeoff. It just so happened to happen the night Iran is super on edge worried about America sending in bombers.

Also I donā€™t think this is gonna play out with Iran being a huge bad guy over this. I donā€™t see any news sources pushing this as anything other than a possible accident.

6 Likes

Not sure if this is comprehensive, but Times has at least ten. Still pretty rare.

1 Like

It was first reported as ā€œanother mechanical failureā€ in my news feed implying that Boeing fucked up again, but those fuck ups didnā€™t result in planes on fireā€¦

1 Like