UP Podcast - suggest topics, guests, logistics

I don’t have a punchline here, but for our patreon members, a bonus episode where jman & jalf discuss conflict resolution strategies with each other.

6 Likes

Lots of good ideas here. If I host a pilot, I want it to be representative of a wide section of this forum. There are regular posters here that I didn’t even know existed because they post exclusively in threads I don’t read much.

People I wanna hear from, and this is purely what I think would be interesting and to satisfy my own curiosity. This is my dream lineup. Please let me know if any of this is possible.

@goofyballer on nft
@Yuv on the israel/palestine crisis
@Riverman on the biden administration, and possibly someone else who isn’t a “centrist.” Maybe @Vict0ar
@CaffeineNeeded on the pandemic
@boredsocial on economics

Hosts:
@jmakin, being the credulous joe rogan to everyone else’s expertise.
@beetlejuice as a cohost. just because his voice is awesome, he’s hilarious, and would be great on here.
@skydiver8 as a cohost and token woman and to talk about the california recall election. Her and I could probably have some heated discussion there lol.
@cassette for getting this ball rolling

also, someone from the walrus community to explain to me wtf is going on there. Browsed it briefly - maybe @nano is the person?

I understand that coordinating the logistics of this with everyone’s busy schedules will be likely impossible. But, I think potentially 100+ people would immediately view this, it’d be really interesting, and you’d definitely be helping the community far more than anything else. As someone else mentioned, if you can’t join live, maybe you can record something, or make a post relevant to your topic and we can go over it on the show.

This is just me slightly buzzed and thinking of stuff off the top of my head. Did I miss anything? I’m thinking 30m-1hour would probably be good. I think these episodes would be sporadic, so having a longer podcast is not so bad when you’re not doing them every week.

3 Likes

Some people are going to want to participate without doxxing themselves. How can they “call in” anonymously? Zoom?

I appreciate the invite but speaking out loud in english on record stresses me out too much. I’ll tune in for sure.

Ok noted thanks!

Your voice/screen name isn’t really doxxing is it? I mean, absolute worst case scenario we could do it on discord or zoom. Quality would be shit but whatever. I honestly think it’d probably be fine.

No, I don’t think voice/screen name is doxxing. I just don’t know how you want people to come talk to you. It sounds like you have a better idea than Zoom.

Discord or zoom is my backup plan until I research something better

I barely know anything, much less walrus

Oh. I must have been confusing you with someone else. Happens sometimes. Sorry.

1 Like

Maybe try for someone who has hosted the game, like @pyatnitski

1 Like

No, I don’t need weeds, I need like a 5 year old’s explanation of what you’re doing because I genuinely don’t know. But I get it.

I guess I was calling it nft, but really what’s been driving that thread is topshot, right? Every time I read it. It’s interesting, but I’ll defer to you

It’s bad form to complain about undertitles, but let’s just say I prefer to think of myself as the Subcomandante Marcos of Walrus.

2 Likes

I’d find it interesting doing environmental segments. @microbet on solar @Habsfan09 on any issues she finds interesting @jwax13 on veganism

Also either @Sabo or @PocketChads would be interesting to listen to regarding activism etc.

I’d also love to hear @JohnnyTruant talk about anything really

6 Likes

Not for me. @Bro does podcast.

Reminds me of the brief FACKcast

I didn’t watch the whole thing. But I was amused RAIDs and Ikes came up in the first minute.

But hey I will listen if this gets off the ground.

1 Like

i want to hear a panel on MTG where one person mistakenly prepares a bunch of talking points about magic the gathering and ham-handedly inserts them into the conversation anyway

8 Likes

Dual lands are clearly amazing, how can you disagree?

Also the line up thus far is typically centrist heavy and lacks political diversity. These two would help a lot.

2 Likes